In Baghdad, one person was killed and six more were wounded when a bomb exploded near the Zein al-Abideen mosque. A bomb at a coffee shop killed three people and wounded 13 others in Jamiaa. Mortar fire that immediately followed the bombing killed three people and wounded 14 more.
Gunmen in Mahmoudiya killed the mayor and his son during a home invasion.
A bomb in Abu Ghraib killed one person and wounded four more.
In Mosul, one policeman was killed and another wounded in a grenade attack.
Protesters in Anbar province reportedly attacked a construction project at a protest site, killing one engineer and wounding three others.
In Taji, gunmen killed two soldiers and wounded a third one.
An I.E.D. wounded a soldier and a civilian in Kirkuk.
In Qaim, an I.E.D. wounded the director of the local passport agency.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Jobs Protests Continue in the South; 36 Killed, 77 Wounded in Iraq – July 17th, 2018
- Peshmerga Killed in New Anti-ISIS Operation; 10 Killed in Iraq – July 16th, 2018
- Protests Enter Second Week; 14 Killed, 366 Wounded in Iraq – July 15th, 2018
- Two Killed, 33 Injured in Continuing Protests in Southern Iraq – July 14th, 2018
- Protests Spread Through Southern Provinces; 7 Killed, 57 Wounded in Iraq – July 13th, 2018