In Baghdad, one person was killed and six more were wounded when a bomb exploded near the Zein al-Abideen mosque. A bomb at a coffee shop killed three people and wounded 13 others in Jamiaa. Mortar fire that immediately followed the bombing killed three people and wounded 14 more.
Gunmen in Mahmoudiya killed the mayor and his son during a home invasion.
A bomb in Abu Ghraib killed one person and wounded four more.
In Mosul, one policeman was killed and another wounded in a grenade attack.
Protesters in Anbar province reportedly attacked a construction project at a protest site, killing one engineer and wounding three others.
In Taji, gunmen killed two soldiers and wounded a third one.
An I.E.D. wounded a soldier and a civilian in Kirkuk.
In Qaim, an I.E.D. wounded the director of the local passport agency.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Dozens of Sunnis Executed on Terror Charges; 53 Killed in Iraq – December 14th, 2017
- ISIS Attacks Troops, Mass Grave Found; 68 Killed in Iraq – December 13th, 2017
- UN Probes Right Abuses in Restive Tuz Khormato; Seven Killed in Iraq – December 12th, 2017
- Turkish Jets Strike PKK Camps; 38 Killed Across Iraq – December 11th, 2017
- Victory Parade in Green Zone; Seven Injured Across Iraq – December 10th, 2017