In Baghdad, one person was killed and six more were wounded when a bomb exploded near the Zein al-Abideen mosque. A bomb at a coffee shop killed three people and wounded 13 others in Jamiaa. Mortar fire that immediately followed the bombing killed three people and wounded 14 more.
Gunmen in Mahmoudiya killed the mayor and his son during a home invasion.
A bomb in Abu Ghraib killed one person and wounded four more.
In Mosul, one policeman was killed and another wounded in a grenade attack.
Protesters in Anbar province reportedly attacked a construction project at a protest site, killing one engineer and wounding three others.
In Taji, gunmen killed two soldiers and wounded a third one.
An I.E.D. wounded a soldier and a civilian in Kirkuk.
In Qaim, an I.E.D. wounded the director of the local passport agency.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Turkish Airstrikes Leave Kurdish Fatalities; 14 Killed in Iraq – March 22nd, 2018
- India Abductees Found Dead Near Mosul; 72 Killed in Iraq – March 20th, 2018
- ISIS Attacks on Kirkuk Province Highways; Four Killed in Iraq – March 19th, 2018
- Bodies Pollute River in Mosul; 12 Killed in Iraq – March 18th, 2018
- Seven U.S. Airmen Among 131 Killed in Iraq – March 16th, 2018