In Baghdad, one person was killed and six more were wounded when a bomb exploded near the Zein al-Abideen mosque. A bomb at a coffee shop killed three people and wounded 13 others in Jamiaa. Mortar fire that immediately followed the bombing killed three people and wounded 14 more.
Gunmen in Mahmoudiya killed the mayor and his son during a home invasion.
A bomb in Abu Ghraib killed one person and wounded four more.
In Mosul, one policeman was killed and another wounded in a grenade attack.
Protesters in Anbar province reportedly attacked a construction project at a protest site, killing one engineer and wounding three others.
In Taji, gunmen killed two soldiers and wounded a third one.
An I.E.D. wounded a soldier and a civilian in Kirkuk.
In Qaim, an I.E.D. wounded the director of the local passport agency.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- ISIS Commander Blamed for Iran Attack among 18 Killed in Iraq – October 16th, 2018
- 51 Bodies in ISIS Mass Grave; Three Killed in Iraq – October 15th, 2018
- Sadr Colleague Among Seven Killed; 30 Found in Iraq Mass Grave – October 14th, 2018
- Mass Grave Gives up 78 Victims; 11 Recently Killed in Iraq – October 13th, 2018
- 30 Bodies in Mass Grave near Mosul; Two Killed in Iraq – October 11th, 2018