Two people were killed and six more were wounded in light violence.
A bomb targeted the governor of Salah ad Din province’s convoy in Shirqat, but no casualties were reported after it exploded. One Sahwa member was killed in a separate attack involving uniformed gunmen.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Tal Afar Oil Wells on Fire; 49 Killed in Iraq – August 21st, 2017
- Fears for Civilians as Tal Afar Operation Moves Forward; 12 Killed in Iraq – August 20th, 2017
- Tal Afar Operation Starts; 91 Killed in Iraq – August 19th, 2017
- 45 Killed in Iraq as Troops Gather Around Tal Afar – August 18th, 2017
- Donkey Bomb Kills Militants; 50 Killed in Iraq – August 17th, 2017