Seven Killed in Iraq Attacks
Thursday: 7 Iraqis Killed, 17 Wounded
At least seven Iraqis were killed and 17 were wounded in new attacks.
A Sahwa member and two bodyguards were killed and a bystander was wounded when an I.E.D. exploded in Abu Ghraib.
A motorcycle bomb targeting police in Garma left one dead and five wounded when it exploded. A boy was among the casualties.
A border guard was killed and others were wounded during a clash at the Syrian border. They were trying to prevent weapons smugglers from entering Syria.
Gunmen killed a lieutenant colonel in Shirqat.
In Baghdad, a kidnapped girl was freed.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Gunmen Attack Samarra Council; 42 Killed, 74 Wounded Across Iraq – March 4th, 2014
- Iraq Security Ops Continue: 97 Killed, 45 Wounded – March 3rd, 2014
- 131 Killed, 48 Wounded in Iraq, Including Scores of Militants – March 2nd, 2014
- Iraq Attacks Continue into March: 70 Killed, 50 Wounded – March 1st, 2014
- Prominent Sheikh Among 34 Killed, Another 40 Iraqis Wounded – February 28th, 2014