Seven Killed in Iraq Attacks
Thursday: 7 Iraqis Killed, 17 Wounded
At least seven Iraqis were killed and 17 were wounded in new attacks.
A Sahwa member and two bodyguards were killed and a bystander was wounded when an I.E.D. exploded in Abu Ghraib.
A motorcycle bomb targeting police in Garma left one dead and five wounded when it exploded. A boy was among the casualties.
A border guard was killed and others were wounded during a clash at the Syrian border. They were trying to prevent weapons smugglers from entering Syria.
Gunmen killed a lieutenant colonel in Shirqat.
In Baghdad, a kidnapped girl was freed.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- ISIS Militants Fight, Execute Each Other; 169 Killed across Iraq – August 30th, 2015
- Arrests in Anti-ISIS Protest; 102 Killed across Iraq – August 29th, 2015
- Protests Resume in Baghdad; 88 Killed across Iraq – August 28th, 2015
- Two Generals among 75 Killed across Iraq – August 27th, 2015
- 205 Killed in Iraq; Kurdish Forces Launch Major Operation – August 26th, 2015