At least seven Iraqis were killed and 17 were wounded in new attacks.
A Sahwa member and two bodyguards were killed and a bystander was wounded when an I.E.D. exploded in Abu Ghraib.
A motorcycle bomb targeting police in Garma left one dead and five wounded when it exploded. A boy was among the casualties.
A border guard was killed and others were wounded during a clash at the Syrian border. They were trying to prevent weapons smugglers from entering Syria.
Gunmen killed a lieutenant colonel in Shirqat.
In Baghdad, a kidnapped girl was freed.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Civilian Casualties in Battle at Kurdish Border; 67 Killed in Iraq – October 20th, 2017
- Security Forces Shoot Protesters in Kirkuk, Khanaqin; 18 Killed in Iraq – October 19th, 2017
- Peshmerga Casualty Figures Raised; 90 Killed in Iraq – October 18th, 2017
- Kurds Begin Return Home to Kirkuk; Eight Killed in Iraq – October 17th, 2017
- Kurds Flee as Baghdad Captures Kirkuk; 60 Killed, 133 Wounded – October 16th, 2017