Seven Killed in Iraq Attacks
Thursday: 7 Iraqis Killed, 17 Wounded
At least seven Iraqis were killed and 17 were wounded in new attacks.
A Sahwa member and two bodyguards were killed and a bystander was wounded when an I.E.D. exploded in Abu Ghraib.
A motorcycle bomb targeting police in Garma left one dead and five wounded when it exploded. A boy was among the casualties.
A border guard was killed and others were wounded during a clash at the Syrian border. They were trying to prevent weapons smugglers from entering Syria.
Gunmen killed a lieutenant colonel in Shirqat.
In Baghdad, a kidnapped girl was freed.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- 79 Killed, 112 Wounded As Iraq Militants Attack Religious College – April 20th, 2014
- Iraq Candidates Targeted; 69 Killed 73 Wounded – April 19th, 2014
- Militants Launch Takeover of Iraq Town; 35 Killed, 53 Wounded – April 18th, 2014
- Army Base Attacked; 106 Iraqis Killed, 79 Wounded – April 17th, 2014
- Anbar Gov’t Compound Targeted; 104 Killed, 95 Wounded Across Iraq – April 16th, 2014