Several Politicians Targeted in Attacks that Killed 19 Iraqis
Tuesday: 19 Killed, 17 Wounded
Two politicians and a candidate were killed today, along with 16 others in attacks across central and northern Iraq. Seventeen more were wounded.
A car bomb in Tuz Khormato killed two politicians and wounded a third official. The two fatalities were on the city council. One of them was the chairman. The wounded man is the city’s mayor. Seven bodyguards were also killed and four bystanders were wounded.
In Baghdad, a bomb on a bus in Kadhimiya left one dead and five wounded when it exploded. Gunmen killed a police officer. A blast wounded five people including the head of the Rashid neighborhood council.
Gunmen killed three family members at a home in Tikrit.
A sniper in Baiji killed an officer and a soldier.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- 285 Killed Across Iraq As Badr Brigades Refuse To Leave Kurdish Region – November 26th, 2014
- Australian Strikes Claim Militants; 229 Killed Across Iraq – November 25th, 2014
- 83 Killed As Peshmerga Ask Badr Brigades For Control of Iraq Town – November 24th, 2014
- Mass Grave Found Near Mosul; 314 Killed Across Iraq – November 23rd, 2014
- Iraq Attacks, Strikes Leave 203 Dead, 111 Wounded – November 22nd, 2014