Several Politicians Targeted in Attacks that Killed 19 Iraqis
Tuesday: 19 Killed, 17 Wounded
Two politicians and a candidate were killed today, along with 16 others in attacks across central and northern Iraq. Seventeen more were wounded.
A car bomb in Tuz Khormato killed two politicians and wounded a third official. The two fatalities were on the city council. One of them was the chairman. The wounded man is the city’s mayor. Seven bodyguards were also killed and four bystanders were wounded.
In Baghdad, a bomb on a bus in Kadhimiya left one dead and five wounded when it exploded. Gunmen killed a police officer. A blast wounded five people including the head of the Rashid neighborhood council.
Gunmen killed three family members at a home in Tikrit.
A sniper in Baiji killed an officer and a soldier.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- 78 Killed in Iraq; Bombs Rattle Baghdad, Shirqat – July 23rd, 2016
- Sadr Militia to Fight in Mosul; 29 Killed in Iraq – July 22nd, 2016
- More Exposure Deaths near Shirqat; 37 Killed in Iraq – July 21st, 2016
- Death by Exposure for Children Fleeing ISIS; 29 Killed in Iraq – July 20th, 2016
- Dozens of Civilians Executed; 69 Killed Across Iraq – July 19th, 2016