Several Politicians Targeted in Attacks that Killed 19 Iraqis
Tuesday: 19 Killed, 17 Wounded
Two politicians and a candidate were killed today, along with 16 others in attacks across central and northern Iraq. Seventeen more were wounded.
A car bomb in Tuz Khormato killed two politicians and wounded a third official. The two fatalities were on the city council. One of them was the chairman. The wounded man is the city’s mayor. Seven bodyguards were also killed and four bystanders were wounded.
In Baghdad, a bomb on a bus in Kadhimiya left one dead and five wounded when it exploded. Gunmen killed a police officer. A blast wounded five people including the head of the Rashid neighborhood council.
Gunmen killed three family members at a home in Tikrit.
A sniper in Baiji killed an officer and a soldier.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Fresh Civilian Airstrike Deaths; 151 Killed in Iraq – April 27th, 2017
- New Zealand and Australia Deploying More Troops; 134 Killed in Iraq – April 26th, 2017
- Turkish Friendly Fire Kills Kurdish Troops; 86 Killed in Iraq – April 25th, 2017
- Mass Execution near Kirkuk; 58 Killed in Iraq – April 24th, 2017
- Civilians Killed in Mosul Clashes; 180 Killed in Iraq – April 23rd, 2017