Several Politicians Targeted in Attacks that Killed 19 Iraqis
Tuesday: 19 Killed, 17 Wounded
Two politicians and a candidate were killed today, along with 16 others in attacks across central and northern Iraq. Seventeen more were wounded.
A car bomb in Tuz Khormato killed two politicians and wounded a third official. The two fatalities were on the city council. One of them was the chairman. The wounded man is the city’s mayor. Seven bodyguards were also killed and four bystanders were wounded.
In Baghdad, a bomb on a bus in Kadhimiya left one dead and five wounded when it exploded. Gunmen killed a police officer. A blast wounded five people including the head of the Rashid neighborhood council.
Gunmen killed three family members at a home in Tikrit.
A sniper in Baiji killed an officer and a soldier.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Operations Continue in Northern Iraq; 171 Killed, 210 Wounded – March 2nd, 2015
- Iraq: 4,134 Killed in February; Major Operation Begins in North – March 1st, 2015
- Heavy Clashes and Bombings Leave 97 Dead, 127 Wounded in Iraq – February 28th, 2015
- String of Bombings in Baghdad; 47 Killed across Iraq – February 27th, 2015
- Coalition Airstrikes Kill Civilians; 224 Killed Across Iraq – February 26th, 2015