At least seven people were killed an nine more were wounded in today’s scattered attacks.
Two policemen were killed and two more were wounded in a double bombing in Mafraq.
In Abu Saida, one al-Qaeda suspect was killed and another was wounded during a raid. A small arms attack on checkpoint left no casualties.
Gunmen killed a soldier in Mosul.
A sniper in Samarra killed a policeman.
In Baghdad, a sticky bomb wounded a police captain.
A bomb wounded a policeman during a failed assassination attempt on a senior police officer in Kirkuk.
A sticky bomb and a second bomb targeting a police officer in Shirqat failed to harm him.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Hostages Executed at Mosul Hospital; 176 Killed in Iraq – May 28th, 2017
- Iraq Repatriates 1980s War Dead to Iran; 58 Killed in Iraq – May 27th, 2017
- Witnesses Dispute Airstrike Report; 89 Killed in Iraq – May 26th, 2017
- Thousands Kidnapped for Use as Human Shields; 83 Killed in Iraq – May 25th, 2017
- Militants Blow up Home with Civilians Sealed Inside; 103 Killed in Iraq – May 24th, 2017