12 Killed, 36 Wounded in Iraq Attacks
Scattered violence left 12 dead and 36 wounded, mostly in the north.
In Mosul, gunmen killed three soldiers at a checkpoint; one attacker was also wounded. A roadside bomb wounded a taxi driver. Gunmen stormed the home of a Dawa party leader and wounded four family members. A policeman was killed and an officer was wounded in a small arms attack.
Fifteen people were wounded when a bomb exploded during a parade in Kirkuk.
Bombs planted at homes belonging to Sahwa members in Hawija killed one woman and wounded six children.
One Sahwa leader was killed and three bodyguards were wounded when a roadside bomb exploded in Garma.
A young man was shot dead in Falluja.
A bomb in Tarmiya wounded two soldiers.
A sticky bomb in Saqlawiya wounded a police captain and his son.
Five al-Qaeda suspects were killed when a bomb they were handling exploded in Bab al-Saray.
In Taza, a roadside bomb wounded two policemen.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Blasts Target Baghdad Suburbs; 183 Killed Across Iraq – January 29th, 2015
- Hundreds of Militants Reported Killed Across Iraq – January 28th, 2015
- Ten Doctors Among 109 Killed Across Iraq – January 27th, 2015
- 215 Killed in Iraq, Including Civilians Executed by Shi’ite Militiamen – January 26th, 2015
- Military Operations, Attacks Across Iraq Leave 692 Killed – January 25th, 2015