12 Killed, 36 Wounded in Iraq Attacks
Scattered violence left 12 dead and 36 wounded, mostly in the north.
In Mosul, gunmen killed three soldiers at a checkpoint; one attacker was also wounded. A roadside bomb wounded a taxi driver. Gunmen stormed the home of a Dawa party leader and wounded four family members. A policeman was killed and an officer was wounded in a small arms attack.
Fifteen people were wounded when a bomb exploded during a parade in Kirkuk.
Bombs planted at homes belonging to Sahwa members in Hawija killed one woman and wounded six children.
One Sahwa leader was killed and three bodyguards were wounded when a roadside bomb exploded in Garma.
A young man was shot dead in Falluja.
A bomb in Tarmiya wounded two soldiers.
A sticky bomb in Saqlawiya wounded a police captain and his son.
Five al-Qaeda suspects were killed when a bomb they were handling exploded in Bab al-Saray.
In Taza, a roadside bomb wounded two policemen.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Mass Graves in Western Iraq Drive Casualty Figure up to 470 Killed – October 30th, 2014
- ISIS Executes Dozens; 350 Killed Across Iraq – October 29th, 2014
- Battles Continue Near Iraq Capital; 162 Killed – October 28th, 2014
- Bombers Attack Civilian and Security Targets Across Iraq, 317 Killed – October 27th, 2014
- Iraq Battles Leave 238 Dead – October 26th, 2014