12 Killed, 36 Wounded in Iraq Attacks
Scattered violence left 12 dead and 36 wounded, mostly in the north.
In Mosul, gunmen killed three soldiers at a checkpoint; one attacker was also wounded. A roadside bomb wounded a taxi driver. Gunmen stormed the home of a Dawa party leader and wounded four family members. A policeman was killed and an officer was wounded in a small arms attack.
Fifteen people were wounded when a bomb exploded during a parade in Kirkuk.
Bombs planted at homes belonging to Sahwa members in Hawija killed one woman and wounded six children.
One Sahwa leader was killed and three bodyguards were wounded when a roadside bomb exploded in Garma.
A young man was shot dead in Falluja.
A bomb in Tarmiya wounded two soldiers.
A sticky bomb in Saqlawiya wounded a police captain and his son.
Five al-Qaeda suspects were killed when a bomb they were handling exploded in Bab al-Saray.
In Taza, a roadside bomb wounded two policemen.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Across Iraq 68 Killed in Clashes, Airstrikes – August 21st, 2014
- Dozens of Militants Killed Across Iraq – August 20th, 2014
- ISIS Issues New Threat As 146 Are Killed Across Iraq – August 19th, 2014
- Kurds Are Willing To Talk With Baghdad; 78 Killed Across Iraq – August 18th, 2014
- 186 Killed Across Iraq As Kurds Try To Retake Mosul Dam – August 17th, 2014