12 Killed, 36 Wounded in Iraq Attacks
Scattered violence left 12 dead and 36 wounded, mostly in the north.
In Mosul, gunmen killed three soldiers at a checkpoint; one attacker was also wounded. A roadside bomb wounded a taxi driver. Gunmen stormed the home of a Dawa party leader and wounded four family members. A policeman was killed and an officer was wounded in a small arms attack.
Fifteen people were wounded when a bomb exploded during a parade in Kirkuk.
Bombs planted at homes belonging to Sahwa members in Hawija killed one woman and wounded six children.
One Sahwa leader was killed and three bodyguards were wounded when a roadside bomb exploded in Garma.
A young man was shot dead in Falluja.
A bomb in Tarmiya wounded two soldiers.
A sticky bomb in Saqlawiya wounded a police captain and his son.
Five al-Qaeda suspects were killed when a bomb they were handling exploded in Bab al-Saray.
In Taza, a roadside bomb wounded two policemen.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Iran’s Support For Maliki Dwindles As Over 200 Are Killed in Iraq – July 23rd, 2014
- 288 Slain As Maliki Urges Sunni Tribes To Fight For Iraq Government – July 22nd, 2014
- 257 Killed Across Iraq, Mostly In Security Ops – July 21st, 2014
- 131 Killed In Iraq As Deadline Passes for Christians To Leave Mosul – July 20th, 2014
- Bombers Return to Baghdad: 50 Killed, 92 Wounded – July 19th, 2014