Political Candidate and Policeman Killed in Iraq
Light violence left two killed and six wounded. For the second day in a row a political candidate was assassinated in Mosul.
A policeman was killed and three others were wounded in a small arms attack on a road near Balad.
In Mosul, a political candidate was assassinated.
A roadside bomb wounded a policeman in Kirkuk.
A civilian was wounded when two bombs exploded in Shirqat.
Gunmen in Riyadh wounded an employee of a mobile phone company.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Dozens of Militants Killed Across Iraq – August 20th, 2014
- ISIS Issues New Threat As 146 Are Killed Across Iraq – August 19th, 2014
- Kurds Are Willing To Talk With Baghdad; 78 Killed Across Iraq – August 18th, 2014
- 186 Killed Across Iraq As Kurds Try To Retake Mosul Dam – August 17th, 2014
- U.S. Airstrikes Target Mosul Dam region; 114 Killed in Iraq – August 16th, 2014