Scattered Iraq Violence Claims 24 Lives
Thursday: 24 Killed, 25 Wounded
In Mosul, drive-by shooters killed two people. A car bomb killed one civilian and wounded six more. An army brigadier was shot dead. A car bomb wounded a lieutenant colonel. A bomb killed two soldiers and wounded a third one. Gunmen killed two civilians at separate locations. 24 25
Five bodies belonging to the same family were found shot in Jurf al-Sakhar. They police were looking to arrest the victims on suspicion of belonging to al-Qaeda. No casualties were reported after a bomb blasted a police patrol.
Gunmen stormed a home in Qayara where they killed an off-duty soldier and wounded his wife.
Two Sahwa were killed and another was wounded during a shooting in Hawija.
An I.E.D killed a policeman and wounded another in Abu Ghraib.
In Baquba, a Sahwa official was shot dead.
Gunmen wounded two policemen in Mandali.
A civilian was wounded in Muqdadiya when a bomb exploded.
A policeman was wounded in a drive-by shooting in Amiriyat al-Falluja.
Two bombs were safely defused in Baiji.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Peshmerga Suffer Losses; 132 Killed across Iraq – May 6th, 2015
- 63 Killed across Iraq; Bombs Continue in Baghdad – May 5th, 2015
- Baiji Refinery in Peril, 106 Killed across Iraq – May 4th, 2015
- Mass Executions Continue in Northern Iraq; 167 Killed – May 3rd, 2015
- Canadian PM Visits Iraq as 110 Are Killed – May 2nd, 2015