Scattered Iraq Violence Claims 24 Lives
Thursday: 24 Killed, 25 Wounded
In Mosul, drive-by shooters killed two people. A car bomb killed one civilian and wounded six more. An army brigadier was shot dead. A car bomb wounded a lieutenant colonel. A bomb killed two soldiers and wounded a third one. Gunmen killed two civilians at separate locations. 24 25
Five bodies belonging to the same family were found shot in Jurf al-Sakhar. They police were looking to arrest the victims on suspicion of belonging to al-Qaeda. No casualties were reported after a bomb blasted a police patrol.
Gunmen stormed a home in Qayara where they killed an off-duty soldier and wounded his wife.
Two Sahwa were killed and another was wounded during a shooting in Hawija.
An I.E.D killed a policeman and wounded another in Abu Ghraib.
In Baquba, a Sahwa official was shot dead.
Gunmen wounded two policemen in Mandali.
A civilian was wounded in Muqdadiya when a bomb exploded.
A policeman was wounded in a drive-by shooting in Amiriyat al-Falluja.
Two bombs were safely defused in Baiji.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Anbar Gov’t Compound Targeted; 104 Killed, 95 Wounded Across Iraq – April 16th, 2014
- 55 Killed, 44 Wounded Across Iraq As Abu Ghraib Prison Is Shut Down – April 15th, 2014
- Militants Shut Down Iraq Dam Again; 57 Killed, 19 Wounded – April 14th, 2014
- Bombers Take Toll on Northern Iraq; 71 Killed, 82 Wounded – April 13th, 2014
- Bombers, Gunmen Leave 48 Dead, 43 Hurt Across Iraq – April 12th, 2014