Scattered Iraq Violence Claims 24 Lives
Thursday: 24 Killed, 25 Wounded
In Mosul, drive-by shooters killed two people. A car bomb killed one civilian and wounded six more. An army brigadier was shot dead. A car bomb wounded a lieutenant colonel. A bomb killed two soldiers and wounded a third one. Gunmen killed two civilians at separate locations. 24 25
Five bodies belonging to the same family were found shot in Jurf al-Sakhar. They police were looking to arrest the victims on suspicion of belonging to al-Qaeda. No casualties were reported after a bomb blasted a police patrol.
Gunmen stormed a home in Qayara where they killed an off-duty soldier and wounded his wife.
Two Sahwa were killed and another was wounded during a shooting in Hawija.
An I.E.D killed a policeman and wounded another in Abu Ghraib.
In Baquba, a Sahwa official was shot dead.
Gunmen wounded two policemen in Mandali.
A civilian was wounded in Muqdadiya when a bomb exploded.
A policeman was wounded in a drive-by shooting in Amiriyat al-Falluja.
Two bombs were safely defused in Baiji.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Shi’ite Militia Accused of Kidnapping; 91 Killed in Iraq – February 12th, 2016
- Thousands Homeless in Anbar; 72 Killed in Iraq – February 11th, 2016
- 96 Killed Across Iraq as Fighting Shifts West of Ramadi – February 10th, 2016
- Security Forces Finish Securing Ramadi; 285 Killed in Iraq – February 9th, 2016
- Troops Recapture Anbar Town; 120 Killed Across Iraq – February 8th, 2016