In Mosul, gunman killed a civilian and wounded the civilian’s mother. A bomb wounded two more civilians.
Bombs planted at an army officer’s home in Khalidiya exploded, killing his wife and wounding his brother and son.
A shepherd was killed and another was wounded when they came across a landmine in Ana.
In Baghdad, gunmen killed an education official.
A bomb killed a policeman in Qayara.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Tal Afar Oil Wells on Fire; 49 Killed in Iraq – August 21st, 2017
- Fears for Civilians as Tal Afar Operation Moves Forward; 12 Killed in Iraq – August 20th, 2017
- Tal Afar Operation Starts; 91 Killed in Iraq – August 19th, 2017
- 45 Killed in Iraq as Troops Gather Around Tal Afar – August 18th, 2017
- Donkey Bomb Kills Militants; 50 Killed in Iraq – August 17th, 2017