Iraq: Judge, Sahwa Fighters among 17 Killed
Friday: 17 Killed, 7 Wounded
At least 17 people were killed, including a political candidate and numerous security personnel, as another seven were wounded. Demonstrations again took place in Falluja and Ramadi, while special prayer services were held in Diyala province. Also, a protest nearly turned into a riot in Mosul.
Gunmen disguised in military uniforms lured seven Sahwa members to their deaths in Tuz Khormato. The men were tied up and executed. Some of the bodies were found mutilated. An eighth Sahwa member may have been killed, but he was captured separately from the original seven.
In Qayara, gunmen killed three people, including a civilian.
A sticky bomb killed a political candidate and two bodyguards in Jurf al-Sakhar.
In Mosul, gunmen killed the owner of a currency exchange.
Two bombs in Kirkuk wounded three people.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- 86 Killed in Iraq Including Civilians in Airstrikes – October 12th, 2015
- Executions, Bombings and Airstrikes Leave 113 Dead across Iraq – October 11th, 2015
- 16 Killed, 28 Wounded in Attacks, Protests across Iraq – October 10th, 2015
- Demonstrator among 117 Killed in Iraq – October 9th, 2015
- Mortar Attack on Baquba; 131 Killed across Iraq – October 8th, 2015