Iraq: Judge, Sahwa Fighters among 17 Killed
Friday: 17 Killed, 7 Wounded
At least 17 people were killed, including a political candidate and numerous security personnel, as another seven were wounded. Demonstrations again took place in Falluja and Ramadi, while special prayer services were held in Diyala province. Also, a protest nearly turned into a riot in Mosul.
Gunmen disguised in military uniforms lured seven Sahwa members to their deaths in Tuz Khormato. The men were tied up and executed. Some of the bodies were found mutilated. An eighth Sahwa member may have been killed, but he was captured separately from the original seven.
In Qayara, gunmen killed three people, including a civilian.
A sticky bomb killed a political candidate and two bodyguards in Jurf al-Sakhar.
In Mosul, gunmen killed the owner of a currency exchange.
Two bombs in Kirkuk wounded three people.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- 418 Killed as Security Forces Capture Several Towns in Northern Iraq – October 23rd, 2016
- 598 Killed in Iraq; Hundreds Sickened by Sulfur Fumes – October 22nd, 2016
- 553 Killed and Executed in Iraq as Militants Attack Kirkuk – October 21st, 2016
- US Soldier Among 126 Killed in Iraq – October 20th, 2016
- 232 Killed in Iraq as Mosul Fighting Heats Up – October 19th, 2016