Iraq: Judge, Sahwa Fighters among 17 Killed
Friday: 17 Killed, 7 Wounded
At least 17 people were killed, including a political candidate and numerous security personnel, as another seven were wounded. Demonstrations again took place in Falluja and Ramadi, while special prayer services were held in Diyala province. Also, a protest nearly turned into a riot in Mosul.
Gunmen disguised in military uniforms lured seven Sahwa members to their deaths in Tuz Khormato. The men were tied up and executed. Some of the bodies were found mutilated. An eighth Sahwa member may have been killed, but he was captured separately from the original seven.
In Qayara, gunmen killed three people, including a civilian.
A sticky bomb killed a political candidate and two bodyguards in Jurf al-Sakhar.
In Mosul, gunmen killed the owner of a currency exchange.
Two bombs in Kirkuk wounded three people.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Massive Bombing near Baghdad; 97 Killed 237 Wounded Across Iraq – March 9th, 2014
- Iraq Political Candidate Among 44 Killed, 60 Wounded – March 8th, 2014
- Shelling and Bombings Kill 42, Wound 62 Across Iraq – March 7th, 2014
- More Bloodshed in Iraq: 82 Killed, 176 Wounded – March 6th, 2014
- 53 Killed, 106 Wounded As Noisy Celebrations Provide Cover for Iraq Attacks – March 5th, 2014