Although violence was light, a senior military official and a judge were among today’s victims. Overall, at least nine people were killed and seven more were wounded.
A senior Iraq army official and four guards were killed when a two suicide bombers approached them at the official’s home in Tal Afar. One suicide bomber was shot dead as he was pretending to ask for help. The second struck when a vehicle carrying Brig. Gen. Ali Aouni, who is the head of the Defense Ministry’s intelligence school, left his compound. The intended target, according to some, may have been Aouni’s neighbor, who is also a senior official. Four more people were wounded in the attack.
In Hit, a bomb killed an army lieutenant and wounded two soldiers.
A sticky bomb killed a judge and wounded his son in Suleiman Pak.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- New Zealand Sends Fresh Troops; Five Killed in Iraq – April 20th, 2018
- Baghdad Drops Bombs on ISIS in Syria; Five Killed in Iraq – April 19th, 2018
- Mosul Courts Sentence Hundreds of Militants to Death; 13 Killed in Iraq – April 18th, 2018
- Four ISIS Women Sentenced to Death; 10 Killed in Iraq – April 17th, 2018
- Iraqi Government Executes Terror Convicts; 52 Killed in Iraq – April 16th, 2018