New attacks left 11 dead and 13 wounded across the country.
In Mosul, gunmen killed two policemen. A bomb targeting the parliamentary speaker’s convoy exploded but left no casualties. Two more policemen were killed in a separate small arms attack. An off-duty soldier was shot dead at an auto repair garage.
One person was killed and seven more were wounded when a bomb exploded at a Sahwa members’ home in Samarra.
Gunmen attacked a minibus carrying Baiji refinery workers through Qayara, where they killed two workers and wounded four more.
A bomb killed one civilian and wounded two more in Hit.
In Baghdad, gunmen shot at an Interior Ministry, but only killed his driver.
A sticky bomb killed a civilian in Tikrit.
Two bombs targeting powerlines in Iskandariya were defused.
A bomb exploded at a Kurdish TV station in the autonomous region, but no casualties were reported.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- New Zealand Sends Fresh Troops; Five Killed in Iraq – April 20th, 2018
- Baghdad Drops Bombs on ISIS in Syria; Five Killed in Iraq – April 19th, 2018
- Mosul Courts Sentence Hundreds of Militants to Death; 13 Killed in Iraq – April 18th, 2018
- Four ISIS Women Sentenced to Death; 10 Killed in Iraq – April 17th, 2018
- Iraqi Government Executes Terror Convicts; 52 Killed in Iraq – April 16th, 2018