Eleven Killed Across Iraq
Sunday: 11 Killed, 13 Wounded
New attacks left 11 dead and 13 wounded across the country.
In Mosul, gunmen killed two policemen. A bomb targeting the parliamentary speaker’s convoy exploded but left no casualties. Two more policemen were killed in a separate small arms attack. An off-duty soldier was shot dead at an auto repair garage.
One person was killed and seven more were wounded when a bomb exploded at a Sahwa members’ home in Samarra.
Gunmen attacked a minibus carrying Baiji refinery workers through Qayara, where they killed two workers and wounded four more.
A bomb killed one civilian and wounded two more in Hit.
In Baghdad, gunmen shot at an Interior Ministry, but only killed his driver.
A sticky bomb killed a civilian in Tikrit.
Two bombs targeting powerlines in Iskandariya were defused.
A bomb exploded at a Kurdish TV station in the autonomous region, but no casualties were reported.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- 279 Slain As Maliki Urges Sunni Tribes To Fight For Iraq Government – July 22nd, 2014
- 257 Killed Across Iraq, Mostly In Security Ops – July 21st, 2014
- 131 Killed In Iraq As Deadline Passes for Christians To Leave Mosul – July 20th, 2014
- Bombers Return to Baghdad: 50 Killed, 92 Wounded – July 19th, 2014
- Iraq Security Ops Leave Over A Hundred Dead – July 18th, 2014