Eleven Killed Across Iraq
Sunday: 11 Killed, 13 Wounded
New attacks left 11 dead and 13 wounded across the country.
In Mosul, gunmen killed two policemen. A bomb targeting the parliamentary speaker’s convoy exploded but left no casualties. Two more policemen were killed in a separate small arms attack. An off-duty soldier was shot dead at an auto repair garage.
One person was killed and seven more were wounded when a bomb exploded at a Sahwa members’ home in Samarra.
Gunmen attacked a minibus carrying Baiji refinery workers through Qayara, where they killed two workers and wounded four more.
A bomb killed one civilian and wounded two more in Hit.
In Baghdad, gunmen shot at an Interior Ministry, but only killed his driver.
A sticky bomb killed a civilian in Tikrit.
Two bombs targeting powerlines in Iskandariya were defused.
A bomb exploded at a Kurdish TV station in the autonomous region, but no casualties were reported.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Bombers Return to Baghdad; 182 Killed across Iraq – April 26th, 2015
- 298 Killed in Iraq as Militants Attack Border Posts – April 25th, 2015
- 46 Killed in Iraq, including Army Division Commander – April 24th, 2015
- 52 Killed in Iraq Bombings and Executions – April 23rd, 2015
- No Let Up in Baghdad Blasts; 136 Killed in Iraq – April 22nd, 2015