Fourteen Killed in Iraq, Including a Journalist
Thursday:14 Killed, 5 Wounded
A blast left six Iraqi soldiers dead at a base near Abu Ghraib.
Three Sahwa members were killed during a small arms attack on their vehicle in Mahmoudiya.
Gunmen attacked a Kirkuk checkpoint where they killed two Sahwa members and wounded one more.
In Baghdad, a journalist was gunned down last night as he left a mosque. Gunmen killed a government employee. A sticky bomb wounded an employee working for the office of the President of the National Alliance Ibrahim Jaafari.
An army officer was killed and another was wounded in a shooting attack in Tuz Khormato.
Three bombs in Baquba left two people with injuries.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Shelling and Bombings Kill 42, Wound 62 Across Iraq – March 7th, 2014
- More Bloodshed in Iraq: 82 Killed, 176 Wounded – March 6th, 2014
- 53 Killed, 106 Wounded As Noisy Celebrations Provide Cover for Iraq Attacks – March 5th, 2014
- Gunmen Attack Samarra Council; 42 Killed, 74 Wounded Across Iraq – March 4th, 2014
- Iraq Security Ops Continue: 97 Killed, 45 Wounded – March 3rd, 2014