Fourteen Killed in Iraq, Including a Journalist
Thursday:14 Killed, 5 Wounded
A blast left six Iraqi soldiers dead at a base near Abu Ghraib.
Three Sahwa members were killed during a small arms attack on their vehicle in Mahmoudiya.
Gunmen attacked a Kirkuk checkpoint where they killed two Sahwa members and wounded one more.
In Baghdad, a journalist was gunned down last night as he left a mosque. Gunmen killed a government employee. A sticky bomb wounded an employee working for the office of the President of the National Alliance Ibrahim Jaafari.
An army officer was killed and another was wounded in a shooting attack in Tuz Khormato.
Three bombs in Baquba left two people with injuries.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Bombers Return to Baghdad; 134 Killed across Iraq – January 24th, 2015
- 82 Killed in Iraq; Peshmerga Shell Central Mosul – January 23rd, 2015
- 118 Killed in Iraq, Tribal Fighters Threaten To Quit Battle in Anbar – January 22nd, 2015
- Kurdish Forces Launch Operation in Northern Iraq, Hundreds Reported Killed – January 21st, 2015
- Mass Graves Uncovered; 157 Killed in Iraq – January 20th, 2015