Fourteen Killed in Iraq, Including a Journalist
Thursday:14 Killed, 5 Wounded
A blast left six Iraqi soldiers dead at a base near Abu Ghraib.
Three Sahwa members were killed during a small arms attack on their vehicle in Mahmoudiya.
Gunmen attacked a Kirkuk checkpoint where they killed two Sahwa members and wounded one more.
In Baghdad, a journalist was gunned down last night as he left a mosque. Gunmen killed a government employee. A sticky bomb wounded an employee working for the office of the President of the National Alliance Ibrahim Jaafari.
An army officer was killed and another was wounded in a shooting attack in Tuz Khormato.
Three bombs in Baquba left two people with injuries.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Monday Mayhem: 133 Killed, 283 Wounded in Iraq – May 20th, 2013
- Iraqi Police Targeted As Attacks Claim 44 Lives – May 19th, 2013
- Forty Killed Across Iraq; 13 Kidnapped in Anbar Province – May 18th, 2013
- Retaliation Against Sunnis Leave 90 Dead, 201 Wounded Across Iraq – May 17th, 2013
- Bombings Continue in Baghdad, Kirkuk; 40 Killed – May 16th, 2013