Fourteen Killed in Iraq, Including a Journalist
Thursday:14 Killed, 5 Wounded
A blast left six Iraqi soldiers dead at a base near Abu Ghraib.
Three Sahwa members were killed during a small arms attack on their vehicle in Mahmoudiya.
Gunmen attacked a Kirkuk checkpoint where they killed two Sahwa members and wounded one more.
In Baghdad, a journalist was gunned down last night as he left a mosque. Gunmen killed a government employee. A sticky bomb wounded an employee working for the office of the President of the National Alliance Ibrahim Jaafari.
An army officer was killed and another was wounded in a shooting attack in Tuz Khormato.
Three bombs in Baquba left two people with injuries.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- 220 Killed, 130 Wounded Across Iraq – August 29th, 2014
- ISIS Releases Beheading Video As 161 Are Killed Across Iraq – August 28th, 2014
- 168 Killed Across Iraq As U.S. and Militiamen Focus on Rescuing Turkmen in Amerli – August 27th, 2014
- Another Bombing in Baghdad; 80 Killed in Iraq – August 26th, 2014
- Bombers Return to Baghdad; 212 Killed, 184 Wounded – August 25th, 2014