For the second day in a row Taji was the scene of a suicide attack on an otherwise quiet day. Overall at least 10 people were killed and 19 more were wounded.
At least eight people were killed and 18 more were wounded in a suicide bombing at a checkpoint near a prison in Taji. The attack comes a day after a massive bombing in the city. Both events may have been prisonbreak attempts.
Gunmen wounded a civilian in Baquba.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Security Forces Shoot Protesters in Kirkuk, Khanaqin; 18 Killed in Iraq – October 19th, 2017
- Peshmerga Casualty Figures Raised; 90 Killed in Iraq – October 18th, 2017
- Kurds Begin Return Home to Kirkuk; Eight Killed in Iraq – October 17th, 2017
- Kurds Flee as Baghdad Captures Kirkuk; 60 Killed, 133 Wounded – October 16th, 2017
- Iraq Forgets ISIS, Moves Against Kirkuk; 15 Killed in Iraq – October 15th, 2017