Two Killed in Iraq Violence
Friday: Two Killed, Four Wounded
Large anti-Maliki rallies took place in western Iraq, a week after soldiers killed protesters at a similar rally. In response, Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki promised to honor "legitimate" demands. Violence was light. Only two Iraqis were killed and four more were wounded in the latest reports.
A bomb wounded a civilian in Zaidan.
In Baghdad, a bomb targeted a lawmaker but no casualties were reported.
An I.E.D. left no casualties in Zab when it exploded as an army patrol passed it.
A motorcycle bomb targeting an army patrol in Riyadh left no casualties.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- ISIS Blows Up Tombs in Mosul; 147 Killed Across Iraq – July 24th, 2014
- Iran’s Support For Maliki Dwindles As Over 200 Are Killed in Iraq – July 23rd, 2014
- 288 Slain As Maliki Urges Sunni Tribes To Fight For Iraq Government – July 22nd, 2014
- 257 Killed Across Iraq, Mostly In Security Ops – July 21st, 2014
- 131 Killed In Iraq As Deadline Passes for Christians To Leave Mosul – July 20th, 2014