Two Killed in Iraq Violence
Friday: Two Killed, Four Wounded
Large anti-Maliki rallies took place in western Iraq, a week after soldiers killed protesters at a similar rally. In response, Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki promised to honor "legitimate" demands. Violence was light. Only two Iraqis were killed and four more were wounded in the latest reports.
A bomb wounded a civilian in Zaidan.
In Baghdad, a bomb targeted a lawmaker but no casualties were reported.
An I.E.D. left no casualties in Zab when it exploded as an army patrol passed it.
A motorcycle bomb targeting an army patrol in Riyadh left no casualties.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Militia Accused of Destroying Homes; 112 Killed in Iraq – June 25th, 2016
- Kurdish Media Office Attacked; 87 Killed in Iraq – June 24th, 2016
- Fallujah Displaced Desperate; 69 Killed in Iraq – June 23rd, 2016
- Militias Sneak into Fallujah; 256 Killed in Iraq Battles, Attacks – June 22nd, 2016
- Baghdad Magnified Gains in Fallujah; 49 Killed in Iraq – June 21st, 2016