Two Killed in Iraq Violence
Friday: Two Killed, Four Wounded
Large anti-Maliki rallies took place in western Iraq, a week after soldiers killed protesters at a similar rally. In response, Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki promised to honor "legitimate" demands. Violence was light. Only two Iraqis were killed and four more were wounded in the latest reports.
A bomb wounded a civilian in Zaidan.
In Baghdad, a bomb targeted a lawmaker but no casualties were reported.
An I.E.D. left no casualties in Zab when it exploded as an army patrol passed it.
A motorcycle bomb targeting an army patrol in Riyadh left no casualties.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- 74 Killed in Iraq, Including Family Fleeing ISIS – July 26th, 2016
- Bomber Strike East of Baghdad; 138 Killed in Iraq – July 25th, 2016
- 164 Killed in Iraq; Bombers Strike near Shi’ite Shrine – July 24th, 2016
- 78 Killed in Iraq; Bombs Rattle Baghdad, Shirqat – July 23rd, 2016
- Sadr Militia to Fight in Mosul; 29 Killed in Iraq – July 22nd, 2016