Two Killed in Iraq Violence
Friday: Two Killed, Four Wounded
Large anti-Maliki rallies took place in western Iraq, a week after soldiers killed protesters at a similar rally. In response, Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki promised to honor "legitimate" demands. Violence was light. Only two Iraqis were killed and four more were wounded in the latest reports.
A bomb wounded a civilian in Zaidan.
In Baghdad, a bomb targeted a lawmaker but no casualties were reported.
An I.E.D. left no casualties in Zab when it exploded as an army patrol passed it.
A motorcycle bomb targeting an army patrol in Riyadh left no casualties.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Bombers Targeting Baghdad; 41 Killed in Iraq – December 9th, 2016
- Soldiers Retreat after Bloody Battles in Mosul; 229 Killed in Iraq – December 8th, 2016
- Bombers Successful in Mosul, Baghdad; 129 Killed in Iraq – December 7th, 2016
- Bus Bomb Explodes at Mosul Market; 35 Killed in Iraq – December 6th, 2016
- Displaced Executed near Kirkuk; 110 Killed in Iraq – December 5th, 2016