Eighteen Found in Mass Grave near Baghdad
Wednesday: 24 Iraqis Killed, 6 Wounded
Eighteen bodies were recovered from a six-year-old mass grave west of Baghdad. Another six Iraqis were killed and six more were wounded in other, recent violence.
A mass grave containing 18 victims was discovered in Zawbaa, near Abu Ghraib. Eight of the victims were dressed in police uniforms. Nine of the bodies were identified. Authorities believe the grave is about six years old.
One gunman was killed during an attack on an army barracks in Hit.
A policeman was shot and wounded in Shirqat.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Defense Officials Say Mosul Operations Restart; 85 Killed in Iraq – February 18th, 2017
- Silent, Peaceful Rally Held in Baghdad; 67 Killed in Iraq – February 17th, 2017
- Mayhem in Baghdad as ISIS Strikes Again; 91 Killed in Iraq – February 16th, 2017
- 97 Killed Across Iraq; Infants Starving to Death in Mosul – February 15th, 2017
- Thousands Gather to Pay Respects to Dead Demonstrators; 46 Killed in Iraq – February 14th, 2017