Eighteen bodies were recovered from a six-year-old mass grave west of Baghdad. Another six Iraqis were killed and six more were wounded in other, recent violence.
A mass grave containing 18 victims was discovered in Zawbaa, near Abu Ghraib. Eight of the victims were dressed in police uniforms. Nine of the bodies were identified. Authorities believe the grave is about six years old.
One gunman was killed during an attack on an army barracks in Hit.
A policeman was shot and wounded in Shirqat.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Multiple Mass Graves Found; 151 Killed in Iraq – July 24th, 2017
- Bombers Turn Attention to Baquba; 18 Killed in Iraq – July 23rd, 2017
- Body Dumping Continues in Baghdad; 34 Killed in Iraq – July 22nd, 2017
- Sunni and Shi’ite Forces Quarrel in Mosul; 13 Killed in Iraq – July 21st, 2017
- Civilians Still Trapped by Mosul Fighting; 56 Killed in Iraq – July 20th, 2017