Eighteen Found in Mass Grave near Baghdad
Wednesday: 24 Iraqis Killed, 6 Wounded
Eighteen bodies were recovered from a six-year-old mass grave west of Baghdad. Another six Iraqis were killed and six more were wounded in other, recent violence.
A mass grave containing 18 victims was discovered in Zawbaa, near Abu Ghraib. Eight of the victims were dressed in police uniforms. Nine of the bodies were identified. Authorities believe the grave is about six years old.
One gunman was killed during an attack on an army barracks in Hit.
A policeman was shot and wounded in Shirqat.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Operations Continue in Northern Iraq; 171 Killed, 210 Wounded – March 2nd, 2015
- Iraq: 4,134 Killed in February; Major Operation Begins in North – March 1st, 2015
- Heavy Clashes and Bombings Leave 97 Dead, 127 Wounded in Iraq – February 28th, 2015
- String of Bombings in Baghdad; 47 Killed across Iraq – February 27th, 2015
- Coalition Airstrikes Kill Civilians; 224 Killed Across Iraq – February 26th, 2015