Eighteen Found in Mass Grave near Baghdad
Wednesday: 24 Iraqis Killed, 6 Wounded
Eighteen bodies were recovered from a six-year-old mass grave west of Baghdad. Another six Iraqis were killed and six more were wounded in other, recent violence.
A mass grave containing 18 victims was discovered in Zawbaa, near Abu Ghraib. Eight of the victims were dressed in police uniforms. Nine of the bodies were identified. Authorities believe the grave is about six years old.
One gunman was killed during an attack on an army barracks in Hit.
A policeman was shot and wounded in Shirqat.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Shootings and Bombings Leave 14 Dead, 7 Wounded – December 5th, 2013
- Another Security Installation Targeted in Iraq; 31 Killed, 106 Wounded – December 4th, 2013
- Suicide Bombers Target Security Personnel Across Iraq; 67 Killed, 98 Wounded – December 3rd, 2013
- Family of Six Among 15 Killed, 31 Wounded Across Iraq – December 2nd, 2013
- 46 Killed, 70 Wounded Across Iraq; Bomber Attacks Sahwa Funeral – December 1st, 2013