Eighteen Found in Mass Grave near Baghdad
Wednesday: 24 Iraqis Killed, 6 Wounded
Eighteen bodies were recovered from a six-year-old mass grave west of Baghdad. Another six Iraqis were killed and six more were wounded in other, recent violence.
A mass grave containing 18 victims was discovered in Zawbaa, near Abu Ghraib. Eight of the victims were dressed in police uniforms. Nine of the bodies were identified. Authorities believe the grave is about six years old.
One gunman was killed during an attack on an army barracks in Hit.
A policeman was shot and wounded in Shirqat.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- More Bloodshed in Iraq: 82 Killed, 176 Wounded – March 6th, 2014
- 53 Killed, 106 Wounded As Noisy Celebrations Provide Cover for Iraq Attacks – March 5th, 2014
- Gunmen Attack Samarra Council; 42 Killed, 74 Wounded Across Iraq – March 4th, 2014
- Iraq Security Ops Continue: 97 Killed, 45 Wounded – March 3rd, 2014
- 131 Killed, 48 Wounded in Iraq, Including Scores of Militants – March 2nd, 2014