At least nine Iraqis were killed and 17 more were wounded in new violence.
Rockets killed two soldiers and wounded five more in Falluja.
In Mosul, a civilian and a four-year-old girl were killed when gunmen attacked a checkpoint.
Gunmen killed a policeman and wounded another in Saidiya.
An attack on a Tikrit checkpoint left one policeman dead and another wounded.
Five people were wounded in a blast in Balad Ruz, including children.
Near Baquba, a bomb wounded three people in their home.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Bodies Litter Tigris River in Mosul; 39 Killed in Iraq – January 17th, 2017
- Jonah’s Tomb Captured in Mosul; 50 Killed in Iraq – January 16th, 2017
- ISIS Attacks Checkpoints in Diyala Province; 184 Killed in Iraq – January 15th, 2017
- ISIS Burns Family to Death, Including Infant; 57 Killed in Iraq – January 14th, 2017
- Symbolic Buildings, Bridge Captured in Mosul; 118 Killed in Iraq – January 13th, 2017