Nine Killed Across Iraq
At least nine Iraqis were killed and 12 more were wounded in new attacks.
In Mosul, a bomb targeting riot police exploded, killing one policeman and wounding three civilians. Police were called to disperse demonstrating crowds. Separately, gunmen wounded a policeman.
In Baghdad, gunmen killed four security personnel and wounded a fifth one at a checkpoint. A bomb wounded two civilians.
A bomb killed two policemen and wounded another in Samarra.
An explosives vest was detonated prematurely as a man was rigging it in Ishaqi; the man was killed and his mother was wounded.
One policeman was killed and three more were wounded in a roadside blast in Balad.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Iraq Families Storm Parliament Looking for Answers, as 54 Are Killed – September 2nd, 2014
- 4,800 Killed in Iraq During August – September 1st, 2014
- 95 Killed across Iraq As Security Forces Reach Turkmen Town – August 31st, 2014
- Fight for Turkmen Town Unfolding As 200 Are Killed across Iraq – August 30th, 2014
- 220 Killed, 130 Wounded Across Iraq – August 29th, 2014