Nine Killed Across Iraq
At least nine Iraqis were killed and 12 more were wounded in new attacks.
In Mosul, a bomb targeting riot police exploded, killing one policeman and wounding three civilians. Police were called to disperse demonstrating crowds. Separately, gunmen wounded a policeman.
In Baghdad, gunmen killed four security personnel and wounded a fifth one at a checkpoint. A bomb wounded two civilians.
A bomb killed two policemen and wounded another in Samarra.
An explosives vest was detonated prematurely as a man was rigging it in Ishaqi; the man was killed and his mother was wounded.
One policeman was killed and three more were wounded in a roadside blast in Balad.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- 55 Killed, 44 Wounded Across Iraq As Abu Ghraib Prison Is Shut Down – April 15th, 2014
- Militants Shut Down Iraq Dam Again; 57 Killed, 19 Wounded – April 14th, 2014
- Bombers Take Toll on Northern Iraq; 71 Killed, 82 Wounded – April 13th, 2014
- Bombers, Gunmen Leave 48 Dead, 43 Hurt Across Iraq – April 12th, 2014
- 54 Killed, 26 Wounded in Iraq As Militants Try to Kill Deputy PM – April 11th, 2014