Nine Killed Across Iraq
At least nine Iraqis were killed and 12 more were wounded in new attacks.
In Mosul, a bomb targeting riot police exploded, killing one policeman and wounding three civilians. Police were called to disperse demonstrating crowds. Separately, gunmen wounded a policeman.
In Baghdad, gunmen killed four security personnel and wounded a fifth one at a checkpoint. A bomb wounded two civilians.
A bomb killed two policemen and wounded another in Samarra.
An explosives vest was detonated prematurely as a man was rigging it in Ishaqi; the man was killed and his mother was wounded.
One policeman was killed and three more were wounded in a roadside blast in Balad.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- 215 Killed in Iraq, Including Civilians Executed by Shi’ite Militiamen – January 26th, 2015
- Military Operations, Attacks Across Iraq Leave 692 Killed – January 25th, 2015
- Bombers Return to Baghdad; 134 Killed across Iraq – January 24th, 2015
- 82 Killed in Iraq; Peshmerga Shell Central Mosul – January 23rd, 2015
- 118 Killed in Iraq, Tribal Fighters Threaten To Quit Battle in Anbar – January 22nd, 2015