At least 33 people were killed and 77 more were wounded in new violence. The three bloodiest attacks occurred in and around Baghdad.
A blast near an army base in Taji left seven dead and 26 wounded.
Five people were killed and 20 more were wounded in a suicide bombing in Mahmoudiya.
In Baghdad, a bombing in the Shula neighborhood left five dead and 15 wounded.
Five officials were killed when gunmen attack a convoy delivering salaries to oil refineries near Baiji.
A hostage and two kidnappers were killed in Samarra. The hostage is a cousin to a member of parliament.
Two policemen were killed and five more were wounded during clashes in Mosul.
Gunmen killed a civilian in Gatoun.
Two wounded were wounded in a blast in Abu Saida.
A sticky bomb killed the car’s driver in Khalis.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Troops Advancing Rapidly Towards Mosul Bridge; 114 Killed in Iraq – February 26th, 2017
- Civilians Flee Heavy Fighting in Mosul; 223 Killed in Iraq – February 25th, 2017
- ISIS Attacks Border Checkpoint; 117 Killed in Iraq – February 24th, 2017
- Mosul Airport, Army Base Captured; 83 Killed in Iraq – February 23rd, 2017
- U.S. Forces Shot at in Mosul; 130 Killed in Iraq – February 22nd, 2017