Baghdad Focus of Violence That Leaves 33 Killed and 77 Wounded
At least 33 people were killed and 77 more were wounded in new violence. The three bloodiest attacks occurred in and around Baghdad.
A blast near an army base in Taji left seven dead and 26 wounded.
Five people were killed and 20 more were wounded in a suicide bombing in Mahmoudiya.
In Baghdad, a bombing in the Shula neighborhood left five dead and 15 wounded.
Five officials were killed when gunmen attack a convoy delivering salaries to oil refineries near Baiji.
A hostage and two kidnappers were killed in Samarra. The hostage is a cousin to a member of parliament.
Two policemen were killed and five more were wounded during clashes in Mosul.
Gunmen killed a civilian in Gatoun.
Two wounded were wounded in a blast in Abu Saida.
A sticky bomb killed the car’s driver in Khalis.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Over 6,000 Killed during March in Iraq; 94 More Killed on Wednesday – April 1st, 2015
- 252 Killed in Iraq, Including Iranian Pilgrims – March 31st, 2015
- Shi’ite Militias Say Airstrikes Ending; 103 Killed in Iraq – March 30th, 2015
- Iraq Forces Struggle in Tikrit; 164 Killed in Battles – March 29th, 2015
- 66 Killed across Iraq as U.S. Carpetbombs Tikrit – March 28th, 2015