Baghdad Focus of Violence That Leaves 33 Killed and 77 Wounded
At least 33 people were killed and 77 more were wounded in new violence. The three bloodiest attacks occurred in and around Baghdad.
A blast near an army base in Taji left seven dead and 26 wounded.
Five people were killed and 20 more were wounded in a suicide bombing in Mahmoudiya.
In Baghdad, a bombing in the Shula neighborhood left five dead and 15 wounded.
Five officials were killed when gunmen attack a convoy delivering salaries to oil refineries near Baiji.
A hostage and two kidnappers were killed in Samarra. The hostage is a cousin to a member of parliament.
Two policemen were killed and five more were wounded during clashes in Mosul.
Gunmen killed a civilian in Gatoun.
Two wounded were wounded in a blast in Abu Saida.
A sticky bomb killed the car’s driver in Khalis.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- 279 Slain As Maliki Urges Sunni Tribes To Fight For Iraq Government – July 22nd, 2014
- 257 Killed Across Iraq, Mostly In Security Ops – July 21st, 2014
- 131 Killed In Iraq As Deadline Passes for Christians To Leave Mosul – July 20th, 2014
- Bombers Return to Baghdad: 50 Killed, 92 Wounded – July 19th, 2014
- Iraq Security Ops Leave Over A Hundred Dead – July 18th, 2014