Iraq: 18 Killed, Including al-Qaeda Suspects
At least 18 Iraqis were killed and 19 more were wounded.
Security forces killed nine al-Qaeda suspects and arrested 10 more in Salah ad Din province.
In Baghdad, gunmen killed an employee with the Electricity Ministry. One person was killed and three others were wounded in a blast south of the city. A bomb wounded a brigadier.
A roadside bomb killed a truck driver in Kirkuk.
Gunmen killed a policeman in Amiriyat al-Fallujah.
A roadside bomb wounded three people in Abu Ghraib.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- 58 Killed, 45 Wounded Across Iraq; Militiamen Boldly Operate Under Own Terms – October 21st, 2014
- Bombs and Battles Kill 243, Wound 139 Across Iraq – October 20th, 2014
- 146 Are Killed in Battles and Bombings Across Iraq – October 19th, 2014
- New Iraq Ministers Selected, As 294 Are Killed – October 18th, 2014
- No Halt in Baghdad Bombings; 142 Killed, 122 Wounded Across Iraq – October 17th, 2014