Three Killed in Iraq; Protester Sets Himself on Fire
Sunday: 3 Killed, 5 Wounded
At least three people were killed and four were wounded in new attacks. A fifth person was wounded while trying to self-immolate.
In Mosul, a man was burned after he set himself on fire during an anti-government protest that drew thousands. Fellow protesters put out the flames.
A civilian was killed and another was wounded during a bombing in Muqdadiya.
The body of a man who was kidnapped in Kut a couple days ago was discovered near a canal.
Gunmen killed a man in Baquba.
A soldier and a civilian were wounded in an attack on a checkpoint in Falluja.
A bomb in Qaim wounded two policemen.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Baghdad Takes the Brunt of Attacks That Leave 61 Dead, 214 Wounded – December 8th, 2013
- Shooting Spree Targets Baghdad Liquor Stores; 21 Killed, 36 Wounded Across Iraq – December 7th, 2013
- Journalist Assassinated in Kurdistan; 15 Killed, 33 Wounded Across Iraq – December 6th, 2013
- Shootings and Bombings Leave 14 Dead, 7 Wounded – December 5th, 2013
- Another Security Installation Targeted in Iraq; 31 Killed, 106 Wounded – December 4th, 2013