Three Killed in Iraq; Protester Sets Himself on Fire
Sunday: 3 Killed, 5 Wounded
At least three people were killed and four were wounded in new attacks. A fifth person was wounded while trying to self-immolate.
In Mosul, a man was burned after he set himself on fire during an anti-government protest that drew thousands. Fellow protesters put out the flames.
A civilian was killed and another was wounded during a bombing in Muqdadiya.
The body of a man who was kidnapped in Kut a couple days ago was discovered near a canal.
Gunmen killed a man in Baquba.
A soldier and a civilian were wounded in an attack on a checkpoint in Falluja.
A bomb in Qaim wounded two policemen.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- ISIS Militants Fight, Execute Each Other; 169 Killed across Iraq – August 30th, 2015
- Arrests in Anti-ISIS Protest; 102 Killed across Iraq – August 29th, 2015
- Protests Resume in Baghdad; 88 Killed across Iraq – August 28th, 2015
- Two Generals among 75 Killed across Iraq – August 27th, 2015
- 205 Killed in Iraq; Kurdish Forces Launch Major Operation – August 26th, 2015