At least nine people were killed and six more were wounded in new attacks.
An attack on a checkpoint in Mosul left one civilian dead and one policeman wounded. Two policemen were killed and a third one was wounded in another shooting.
An I.E.D. killed a soldier in Tikrit.
East of Kut, near the Iran border, a landmine killed an officer.
A roadside bomb killed a civilian driver in Kirkuk.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Kurds Begin Return Home to Kirkuk; Eight Killed in Iraq – October 17th, 2017
- Kurds Flee as Baghdad Captures Kirkuk; 60 Killed, 133 Wounded – October 16th, 2017
- Iraq Forgets ISIS, Moves Against Kirkuk; 15 Killed in Iraq – October 15th, 2017
- Shots Fired Between Kurdish Peshmerga and Shi’ite Militia; 50 Killed in Iraq – October 14th, 2017
- Kurds Withdraw from Turkmen Towns; 14 Killed in Iraq – October 13th, 2017