At least nine people were killed and six more were wounded in new attacks.
An attack on a checkpoint in Mosul left one civilian dead and one policeman wounded. Two policemen were killed and a third one was wounded in another shooting.
An I.E.D. killed a soldier in Tikrit.
East of Kut, near the Iran border, a landmine killed an officer.
A roadside bomb killed a civilian driver in Kirkuk.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Tal Afar Oil Wells on Fire; 49 Killed in Iraq – August 21st, 2017
- Fears for Civilians as Tal Afar Operation Moves Forward; 12 Killed in Iraq – August 20th, 2017
- Tal Afar Operation Starts; 91 Killed in Iraq – August 19th, 2017
- 45 Killed in Iraq as Troops Gather Around Tal Afar – August 18th, 2017
- Donkey Bomb Kills Militants; 50 Killed in Iraq – August 17th, 2017