Eight Killed Across Northern Iraq
Saturday: 8 Killed, 14 Wounded
Light violence left eight dead and 14 wounded across northern Iraq.
Three bodies were recovered in Qayara.
In Kirkuk, an I.E.D. exploded near a bus at a football stadium, where the blast killed two players and wounded four more. A bomb targeting the director of home affairs wounded a woman and boy instead.
A Sahwa member and his seven-year-old son were killed in a grenade attack on their Mosul home. His wife and a maid were wounded.
A roadside bomb in Baiji killed a policeman and wounded three others.
An I.E.D. wounded three people, including two policemen, in Shirqat.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Bombers Attack Another Funeral; 39 Killed, 46 Wounded Across Iraq – December 10th, 2013
- 43 Killed, 60 Wounded in Ongoing Iraq Attacks – December 9th, 2013
- Baghdad Takes the Brunt of Attacks That Leave 61 Dead, 214 Wounded – December 8th, 2013
- Shooting Spree Targets Baghdad Liquor Stores; 21 Killed, 36 Wounded Across Iraq – December 7th, 2013
- Journalist Assassinated in Kurdistan; 15 Killed, 33 Wounded Across Iraq – December 6th, 2013