Eight Killed Across Northern Iraq
Saturday: 8 Killed, 14 Wounded
Light violence left eight dead and 14 wounded across northern Iraq.
Three bodies were recovered in Qayara.
In Kirkuk, an I.E.D. exploded near a bus at a football stadium, where the blast killed two players and wounded four more. A bomb targeting the director of home affairs wounded a woman and boy instead.
A Sahwa member and his seven-year-old son were killed in a grenade attack on their Mosul home. His wife and a maid were wounded.
A roadside bomb in Baiji killed a policeman and wounded three others.
An I.E.D. wounded three people, including two policemen, in Shirqat.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- More Bloodshed in Iraq: 82 Killed, 176 Wounded – March 6th, 2014
- 53 Killed, 106 Wounded As Noisy Celebrations Provide Cover for Iraq Attacks – March 5th, 2014
- Gunmen Attack Samarra Council; 42 Killed, 74 Wounded Across Iraq – March 4th, 2014
- Iraq Security Ops Continue: 97 Killed, 45 Wounded – March 3rd, 2014
- 131 Killed, 48 Wounded in Iraq, Including Scores of Militants – March 2nd, 2014