Eight Killed Across Northern Iraq
Saturday: 8 Killed, 14 Wounded
Light violence left eight dead and 14 wounded across northern Iraq.
Three bodies were recovered in Qayara.
In Kirkuk, an I.E.D. exploded near a bus at a football stadium, where the blast killed two players and wounded four more. A bomb targeting the director of home affairs wounded a woman and boy instead.
A Sahwa member and his seven-year-old son were killed in a grenade attack on their Mosul home. His wife and a maid were wounded.
A roadside bomb in Baiji killed a policeman and wounded three others.
An I.E.D. wounded three people, including two policemen, in Shirqat.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Dozens of Militants Killed Across Iraq – August 20th, 2014
- ISIS Issues New Threat As 146 Are Killed Across Iraq – August 19th, 2014
- Kurds Are Willing To Talk With Baghdad; 78 Killed Across Iraq – August 18th, 2014
- 186 Killed Across Iraq As Kurds Try To Retake Mosul Dam – August 17th, 2014
- U.S. Airstrikes Target Mosul Dam region; 114 Killed in Iraq – August 16th, 2014