Eight Killed Across Northern Iraq
Saturday: 8 Killed, 14 Wounded
Light violence left eight dead and 14 wounded across northern Iraq.
Three bodies were recovered in Qayara.
In Kirkuk, an I.E.D. exploded near a bus at a football stadium, where the blast killed two players and wounded four more. A bomb targeting the director of home affairs wounded a woman and boy instead.
A Sahwa member and his seven-year-old son were killed in a grenade attack on their Mosul home. His wife and a maid were wounded.
A roadside bomb in Baiji killed a policeman and wounded three others.
An I.E.D. wounded three people, including two policemen, in Shirqat.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- As Diplomats Discuss Iraq, 86 Are Killed across Country – September 15th, 2014
- Falluja Hospital Bombed Again As 42 Killed Across Iraq – September 14th, 2014
- Iraq PM Promises No More Airstrikes on Civilians; 63 Killed, 22 Wounded – September 13th, 2014
- 28 Killed, 56 Wounded in Bombings and Airstrikes Across Iraq – September 12th, 2014
- Bombers Strike in Baghdad and Southern Iraq: 124 Killed, 81 Wounded – September 11th, 2014