12 Killed, 53 Wounded in Iraq Attacks
Claiming to be at a location in Babil province, the former vice president under Saddam Hussein, Izzat Ibrahim al-Douri, issued a statement supporting the Sunni protestors and disparaging the Iranian influence on the Maliki administration. He is the highest official from the Saddam regime to evade capture. Police then arrested al-Douri’s nephew, Abdul Rahman Mohammed Ibrahim, in Salah ad Din province.
Meanwhile, at least 12 Iraqis were killed and 53 more were wounded.
In Tal Afar, gunmen killed two policemen and a civilian at a checkpoint.
A little girl was killed and 11 others were wounded during a bombing on a minibus in Karbala.
An army soldier was killed and four more were wounded in Saidiya when a bomb targeting a commander of Dijla blasted their patrol. An I.E.D. wounded three more soldiers.
In Falluja, an I.E.D. killed one soldier and wounded two more.
A young man was shot dead in front of his Baquba residence.
A bomb wounded three people in Muqdadiya.
In Baghdad, police liberated an abduction victim and arrested six kidnappers.
A clash took place in Jurf al-Sakhar, but no casualties were reported.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Mass Execution Filmed; 131 Killed in Iraq – September 28th, 2016
- Bombers Kill, Wound Scores in Baghdad; 83 Killed Across Iraq – September 27th, 2016
- Fighting Ramps up in Anbar province; 112 Killed in Iraq – September 26th, 2016
- Mass Executions in Mosul; 145 Killed in Iraq – September 25th, 2016
- Attack on Security Chiefs near Tikrit; 87 Killed in Iraq – September 24th, 2016