12 Killed, 53 Wounded in Iraq Attacks
Claiming to be at a location in Babil province, the former vice president under Saddam Hussein, Izzat Ibrahim al-Douri, issued a statement supporting the Sunni protestors and disparaging the Iranian influence on the Maliki administration. He is the highest official from the Saddam regime to evade capture. Police then arrested al-Douri’s nephew, Abdul Rahman Mohammed Ibrahim, in Salah ad Din province.
Meanwhile, at least 12 Iraqis were killed and 53 more were wounded.
In Tal Afar, gunmen killed two policemen and a civilian at a checkpoint.
A little girl was killed and 11 others were wounded during a bombing on a minibus in Karbala.
An army soldier was killed and four more were wounded in Saidiya when a bomb targeting a commander of Dijla blasted their patrol. An I.E.D. wounded three more soldiers.
In Falluja, an I.E.D. killed one soldier and wounded two more.
A young man was shot dead in front of his Baquba residence.
A bomb wounded three people in Muqdadiya.
In Baghdad, police liberated an abduction victim and arrested six kidnappers.
A clash took place in Jurf al-Sakhar, but no casualties were reported.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- 266 Killed Across Iraq As Militants Storm Mosul University – August 1st, 2014
- Almost 5,700 Killed Across Iraq in July – July 31st, 2014
- Saddam’s Body Moved Over ISIS Fears; 149 Killed, 104 Across Iraq – July 30th, 2014
- Hundreds Butchered by ISIS, Over A Hundred More Killed By Iraq Gov’t – July 29th, 2014
- 274 Killed Across Iraq As Mosul Residents Defy ISIS – July 28th, 2014