Protests took place for the fourth time since Finance Minister Rafi al-Issawi’s bodyguards were arrested last week. In one protest, thousands blocked the main highway through Anbar province. Another protest erupted in neighboring Salah ad Din province. The Sunni demonstrators believe the arrests are part of the Shi’ite-dominated government’s campaign of marginalization against them.
The Kurdish Regional Government again ceased oil exports over lack of sufficient payments from the central government. Earlier this year the Kurds had stopped shipments but restarted them when Baghdad promised to pay 1 trillion Iraqi dinars in September. Baghdad admits to shorting the Kurds, but claims the Kurds have not been pumping sufficient quantities of oil..
A grenade attack in Falluja wounded a policeman and a civilian.
A kidnapping victim was freed in Tikrit.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Suicide Bomber Targets Soldiers; 57 Killed across Iraq – November 27th, 2015
- French Reportedly Bomb School; 48 Killed across Iraq – November 26th, 2015
- 112 Killed across Iraq as Turkey Resumes Bombing Runs – November 25th, 2015
- 166 Killed across Iraq; Militia Accused of Seizing Hospital – November 24th, 2015
- 81 Killed across Iraq; Canada Accused of Bombing Civilians – November 23rd, 2015