Iraqiya Party Threatens Walkout, 7 Killed in Attacks
Saturday: 7 Killed, 15 Wounded
At least seven Iraqis were killed and 15 more were wounded in today’s attacks. The Iraqiya party threatened a walkout if the government bans ndependent observers during the interrogations of the finance minister’s bodyguards.
Haidar al-Mulla, spokesman for the Iraqiya bloc, warned that Iraqiya lawmakers will withdraw from the government if Baghdad does not allow independent monitors to observe the interrogations of Finance Minister Rafi al-Issawi’s bodyguards. Ten of them, including their chief, were arrested two days ago on terrorism-related charges.
Four people were killed and 11 more were wounded when a bomb exploded outside a CD shop in Qazaniya. The shop was completely destroyed.
A civilian was killed in a bombing at his home in Muqdadiya.
A young man was bludgeoned to death in Mussayab.
A blast wounded two people at a Shomali restaurant.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Anbar University Captured; 113 Killed in Iraq – July 26th, 2015
- Turkmen Killed in Bombing at Pool; 30 Killed across Iraq – July 25th, 2015
- 154 Killed in Iraq as Turkey Resumes Bombing PKK Bases – July 24th, 2015
- 106 Killed in Iraq as US Defense Secretary Visits – July 23rd, 2015
- Bombings Continue in Baghdad; 81 Killed across Iraq – July 22nd, 2015