Iraqiya Party Threatens Walkout, 7 Killed in Attacks
Saturday: 7 Killed, 15 Wounded
At least seven Iraqis were killed and 15 more were wounded in today’s attacks. The Iraqiya party threatened a walkout if the government bans ndependent observers during the interrogations of the finance minister’s bodyguards.
Haidar al-Mulla, spokesman for the Iraqiya bloc, warned that Iraqiya lawmakers will withdraw from the government if Baghdad does not allow independent monitors to observe the interrogations of Finance Minister Rafi al-Issawi’s bodyguards. Ten of them, including their chief, were arrested two days ago on terrorism-related charges.
Four people were killed and 11 more were wounded when a bomb exploded outside a CD shop in Qazaniya. The shop was completely destroyed.
A civilian was killed in a bombing at his home in Muqdadiya.
A young man was bludgeoned to death in Mussayab.
A blast wounded two people at a Shomali restaurant.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Mortars Target Civilians in Mosul; 109 Killed in Iraq – March 22nd, 2017
- New Reports of Chemical Weapons in Mosul; 47 Killed in Iraq – March 21st, 2017
- 117 Killed in Iraq; ISIS Captures 9 Officers in Mosul – March 20th, 2017
- Civilians Flee Airstrikes in Mosul; 80 Killed in Iraq – March 19th, 2017
- Another Chemical Attack in Mosul; 28 Killed in Iraq – March 18th, 2017