Iraqiya Party Threatens Walkout, 7 Killed in Attacks
Saturday: 7 Killed, 15 Wounded
At least seven Iraqis were killed and 15 more were wounded in today’s attacks. The Iraqiya party threatened a walkout if the government bans ndependent observers during the interrogations of the finance minister’s bodyguards.
Haidar al-Mulla, spokesman for the Iraqiya bloc, warned that Iraqiya lawmakers will withdraw from the government if Baghdad does not allow independent monitors to observe the interrogations of Finance Minister Rafi al-Issawi’s bodyguards. Ten of them, including their chief, were arrested two days ago on terrorism-related charges.
Four people were killed and 11 more were wounded when a bomb exploded outside a CD shop in Qazaniya. The shop was completely destroyed.
A civilian was killed in a bombing at his home in Muqdadiya.
A young man was bludgeoned to death in Mussayab.
A blast wounded two people at a Shomali restaurant.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- 21 Iraqis Killed Ahead of Provincial Elections – June 19th, 2013
- Baghdad Rattled by Blasts: 43 Killed Across Iraq – June 18th, 2013
- Bombings Return to Central Iraq; 23 Killed – June 17th, 2013
- Iraq’s Shi’ite South Targeted: 54 Killed, 174 Wounded – June 16th, 2013
- 23 Killed Across Iraq; Mortar Attack on Iranian Dissident Camp – June 15th, 2013