At least seven Iraqis were killed and 15 more were wounded in today’s attacks. The Iraqiya party threatened a walkout if the government bans ndependent observers during the interrogations of the finance minister’s bodyguards.
Haidar al-Mulla, spokesman for the Iraqiya bloc, warned that Iraqiya lawmakers will withdraw from the government if Baghdad does not allow independent monitors to observe the interrogations of Finance Minister Rafi al-Issawi’s bodyguards. Ten of them, including their chief, were arrested two days ago on terrorism-related charges.
Four people were killed and 11 more were wounded when a bomb exploded outside a CD shop in Qazaniya. The shop was completely destroyed.
A civilian was killed in a bombing at his home in Muqdadiya.
A young man was bludgeoned to death in Mussayab.
A blast wounded two people at a Shomali restaurant.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Witnesses Dispute Airstrike Report; 89 Killed in Iraq – May 26th, 2017
- Thousands Kidnapped for Use as Human Shields; 83 Killed in Iraq – May 25th, 2017
- Militants Blow up Home with Civilians Sealed Inside; 103 Killed in Iraq – May 24th, 2017
- Italian Troops Deployed to Guard Mosul Dam; 170 Killed in Iraq – May 23rd, 2017
- Militants Execute Collaborators Near Kirkuk; 80 Killed in Iraq – May 22nd, 2017