Six Killed Across Iraq; President Suffers Stroke
Tuesday: 6 Killed, 10 Wounded
At least six Iraqis were killed and 10 more were wounded as Iraqis waited to learn the full scope of President Jalal Talabani’s stroke.
President Jalal Talabani has suffered a stroke and is in a coma. Talabani, who is a Kurd, may be moved abroad for further treatment. Meanwhile, talk of civil war between the Kurdish and central governments resumed thanks to an oil deal. Talabani had been instrumental in tamping down tensions between the two governments.
A car bomb targeting a lawmaker and the governor of Salah ad Din province exploded in Tikrit, but no casualties were reported.
A roadside bomb in Mussayab killed a policeman and wounded three others.
A man was gunned down in Mansouriya.
A bomb wounded four people in Baquba at a local leader’s home.
In Baghdad, a bomb wounded an employee of the Interior Ministry.
Injuries were reported after a bombing in Karbala.
Police defused a large car bomb in Saqlawiya.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Shooting Spree Targets Baghdad Liquor Stores; 21 Killed, 36 Wounded Across Iraq – December 7th, 2013
- Journalist Assassinated in Kurdistan; 15 Killed, 33 Wounded Across Iraq – December 6th, 2013
- Shootings and Bombings Leave 14 Dead, 7 Wounded – December 5th, 2013
- Another Security Installation Targeted in Iraq; 31 Killed, 106 Wounded – December 4th, 2013
- Suicide Bombers Target Security Personnel Across Iraq; 67 Killed, 98 Wounded – December 3rd, 2013