At least six Iraqis were killed and 10 more were wounded as Iraqis waited to learn the full scope of President Jalal Talabani’s stroke.
President Jalal Talabani has suffered a stroke and is in a coma. Talabani, who is a Kurd, may be moved abroad for further treatment. Meanwhile, talk of civil war between the Kurdish and central governments resumed thanks to an oil deal. Talabani had been instrumental in tamping down tensions between the two governments.
A car bomb targeting a lawmaker and the governor of Salah ad Din province exploded in Tikrit, but no casualties were reported.
A roadside bomb in Mussayab killed a policeman and wounded three others.
A man was gunned down in Mansouriya.
A bomb wounded four people in Baquba at a local leader’s home.
In Baghdad, a bomb wounded an employee of the Interior Ministry.
Injuries were reported after a bombing in Karbala.
Police defused a large car bomb in Saqlawiya.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Turkish Airstrikes Leave Kurdish Fatalities; 14 Killed in Iraq – March 22nd, 2018
- India Abductees Found Dead Near Mosul; 72 Killed in Iraq – March 20th, 2018
- ISIS Attacks on Kirkuk Province Highways; Four Killed in Iraq – March 19th, 2018
- Bodies Pollute River in Mosul; 12 Killed in Iraq – March 18th, 2018
- Seven U.S. Airmen Among 131 Killed in Iraq – March 16th, 2018