Gunmen kidnapped 20 police recruits in Baiji and took them towards Anbar province, where security forces are on high alert, hoping to find the men. The group had been traveling from Mosul to Baghdad. Mass kidnappings were once routine in Iraq.
Meanwhile, at least six people were killed and seven more were wounded in fresh violence.
In Iskandariya, a bomb killed four policemen.
A blast in Shirqat killed one policeman and wounded two others.
A man was killed as he was allegedly placing a bomb on a car in Samarra.
Five civilians were wounded in Wardia when a bomb planted on a civilian car exploded.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Pause in Mosul Fight; 37 Killed in Iraq – March 25th, 2017
- Sadrists Hold Rally in Baghdad; 60 Killed in Iraq – March 24th, 2017
- Mortars Target Civilians in Mosul; 109 Killed in Iraq – March 22nd, 2017
- New Reports of Chemical Weapons in Mosul; 47 Killed in Iraq – March 21st, 2017
- 117 Killed in Iraq; ISIS Captures 9 Officers in Mosul – March 20th, 2017