Gunmen kidnapped 20 police recruits in Baiji and took them towards Anbar province, where security forces are on high alert, hoping to find the men. The group had been traveling from Mosul to Baghdad. Mass kidnappings were once routine in Iraq.
Meanwhile, at least six people were killed and seven more were wounded in fresh violence.
In Iskandariya, a bomb killed four policemen.
A blast in Shirqat killed one policeman and wounded two others.
A man was killed as he was allegedly placing a bomb on a car in Samarra.
Five civilians were wounded in Wardia when a bomb planted on a civilian car exploded.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Turkish Airstrikes Leave Casualties; 77 Killed Across Iraq – April 22nd, 2017
- Qatari Hostages Freed; 16 Killed in Iraq – April 21st, 2017
- ISIS Leader’s Relative Reported Killed in Mosul; 63 Killed in Iraq – April 20th, 2017
- Bodies Floating in Tigris River; 17 Killed in Iraq – April 19th, 2017
- Temporary Bridge Opens in Mosul; 108 Killed in Iraq – April 18th, 2017