Six Killed in Iraq; 20 Police Recruits Kidnapped
Friday: 6 Killed, 7 Wounded
Gunmen kidnapped 20 police recruits in Baiji and took them towards Anbar province, where security forces are on high alert, hoping to find the men. The group had been traveling from Mosul to Baghdad. Mass kidnappings were once routine in Iraq.
Meanwhile, at least six people were killed and seven more were wounded in fresh violence.
In Iskandariya, a bomb killed four policemen.
A blast in Shirqat killed one policeman and wounded two others.
A man was killed as he was allegedly placing a bomb on a car in Samarra.
Five civilians were wounded in Wardia when a bomb planted on a civilian car exploded.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- ISIS Militants Fight, Execute Each Other; 169 Killed across Iraq – August 30th, 2015
- Arrests in Anti-ISIS Protest; 102 Killed across Iraq – August 29th, 2015
- Protests Resume in Baghdad; 88 Killed across Iraq – August 28th, 2015
- Two Generals among 75 Killed across Iraq – August 27th, 2015
- 205 Killed in Iraq; Kurdish Forces Launch Major Operation – August 26th, 2015