Six Killed in Iraq; 20 Police Recruits Kidnapped
Friday: 6 Killed, 7 Wounded
Gunmen kidnapped 20 police recruits in Baiji and took them towards Anbar province, where security forces are on high alert, hoping to find the men. The group had been traveling from Mosul to Baghdad. Mass kidnappings were once routine in Iraq.
Meanwhile, at least six people were killed and seven more were wounded in fresh violence.
In Iskandariya, a bomb killed four policemen.
A blast in Shirqat killed one policeman and wounded two others.
A man was killed as he was allegedly placing a bomb on a car in Samarra.
Five civilians were wounded in Wardia when a bomb planted on a civilian car exploded.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Australian Strikes Claim Militants; 229 Killed Across Iraq – November 25th, 2014
- 83 Killed As Peshmerga Ask Badr Brigades For Control of Iraq Town – November 24th, 2014
- Mass Grave Found Near Mosul; 314 Killed Across Iraq – November 23rd, 2014
- Iraq Attacks, Strikes Leave 203 Dead, 111 Wounded – November 22nd, 2014
- ISIS Attacks Ramadi; 168 Killed Across Iraq – November 21st, 2014