Six Killed in Iraq; 20 Police Recruits Kidnapped
Friday: 6 Killed, 7 Wounded
Gunmen kidnapped 20 police recruits in Baiji and took them towards Anbar province, where security forces are on high alert, hoping to find the men. The group had been traveling from Mosul to Baghdad. Mass kidnappings were once routine in Iraq.
Meanwhile, at least six people were killed and seven more were wounded in fresh violence.
In Iskandariya, a bomb killed four policemen.
A blast in Shirqat killed one policeman and wounded two others.
A man was killed as he was allegedly placing a bomb on a car in Samarra.
Five civilians were wounded in Wardia when a bomb planted on a civilian car exploded.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Coalition Airstrikes Kill Civilians; 224 Killed Across Iraq – February 26th, 2015
- Iraq: 187 Killed, 100 Kidnapped – February 25th, 2015
- Series of Bombs Torment Baghdad; 197 Killed across Iraq – February 24th, 2015
- New Zealand Prepares Troop Deployment; 68 Killed in Iraq – February 23rd, 2015
- Siege of al-Baghdadi Continues; 272 Killed in Iraq – February 22nd, 2015