Family of Seven Among 11 Killed in Iraq
Wednesday: 11 Killed, 14 Wounded
At least 11 Iraqis were killed and 14 more were wounded in new attacks. A family was slaughtered just north of Baghdad, while security forces were targeting in Anbar province.
Seven people were killed in an attack on a home in Tarmiya. Three children were among the dead. The house was likely targeted because two family members, including one of the dead, were Sahwa members.
A blast in Habaniya killed a senior army officer. One bodyguard was also killed, while three more were wounded.
A high-ranking police officer and three bodyguards were wounded in a bombing in Ramadi.
In Zobaa, gunmen killed a soldier and wounded two others.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- 215 Killed in Iraq, Including Civilians Executed by Shi’ite Militiamen – January 26th, 2015
- Military Operations, Attacks Across Iraq Leave 692 Killed – January 25th, 2015
- Bombers Return to Baghdad; 134 Killed across Iraq – January 24th, 2015
- 82 Killed in Iraq; Peshmerga Shell Central Mosul – January 23rd, 2015
- 118 Killed in Iraq, Tribal Fighters Threaten To Quit Battle in Anbar – January 22nd, 2015