Family of Seven Among 11 Killed in Iraq
Wednesday: 11 Killed, 14 Wounded
At least 11 Iraqis were killed and 14 more were wounded in new attacks. A family was slaughtered just north of Baghdad, while security forces were targeting in Anbar province.
Seven people were killed in an attack on a home in Tarmiya. Three children were among the dead. The house was likely targeted because two family members, including one of the dead, were Sahwa members.
A blast in Habaniya killed a senior army officer. One bodyguard was also killed, while three more were wounded.
A high-ranking police officer and three bodyguards were wounded in a bombing in Ramadi.
In Zobaa, gunmen killed a soldier and wounded two others.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Attacks Iraq Security Forces and Politicians Leave 17 Dead and 11 Wounded – December 11th, 2013
- Bombers Attack Another Funeral; 39 Killed, 46 Wounded Across Iraq – December 10th, 2013
- 43 Killed, 60 Wounded in Ongoing Iraq Attacks – December 9th, 2013
- Baghdad Takes the Brunt of Attacks That Leave 61 Dead, 214 Wounded – December 8th, 2013
- Shooting Spree Targets Baghdad Liquor Stores; 21 Killed, 36 Wounded Across Iraq – December 7th, 2013