Family of Seven Among 11 Killed in Iraq
Wednesday: 11 Killed, 14 Wounded
At least 11 Iraqis were killed and 14 more were wounded in new attacks. A family was slaughtered just north of Baghdad, while security forces were targeting in Anbar province.
Seven people were killed in an attack on a home in Tarmiya. Three children were among the dead. The house was likely targeted because two family members, including one of the dead, were Sahwa members.
A blast in Habaniya killed a senior army officer. One bodyguard was also killed, while three more were wounded.
A high-ranking police officer and three bodyguards were wounded in a bombing in Ramadi.
In Zobaa, gunmen killed a soldier and wounded two others.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Protests Resume in Baghdad; 88 Killed across Iraq – August 28th, 2015
- Two Generals among 75 Killed across Iraq – August 27th, 2015
- 205 Killed in Iraq; Kurdish Forces Launch Major Operation – August 26th, 2015
- At least 99 Killed across Iraq, including Kurdish Guerrillas – August 25th, 2015
- Dozens Executed in Mosul; 106 Killed across Iraq – August 24th, 2015