Family of Seven Among 11 Killed in Iraq
Wednesday: 11 Killed, 14 Wounded
At least 11 Iraqis were killed and 14 more were wounded in new attacks. A family was slaughtered just north of Baghdad, while security forces were targeting in Anbar province.
Seven people were killed in an attack on a home in Tarmiya. Three children were among the dead. The house was likely targeted because two family members, including one of the dead, were Sahwa members.
A blast in Habaniya killed a senior army officer. One bodyguard was also killed, while three more were wounded.
A high-ranking police officer and three bodyguards were wounded in a bombing in Ramadi.
In Zobaa, gunmen killed a soldier and wounded two others.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Bombers Strike in Baghdad; 479 Killed Across Iraq – April 17th, 2015
- 313 Killed in Iraq as Fighting Increases on Two Fronts – April 16th, 2015
- ISIS Takes Villages in Anbar, as 290 Are Killed Across Iraq – April 15th, 2015
- 160 Killed in Iraq as Premier Visits White House – April 14th, 2015
- Militants Back in Baiji Refinery; 139 Killed across Iraq – April 13th, 2015