Family of Seven Among 11 Killed in Iraq
Wednesday: 11 Killed, 14 Wounded
At least 11 Iraqis were killed and 14 more were wounded in new attacks. A family was slaughtered just north of Baghdad, while security forces were targeting in Anbar province.
Seven people were killed in an attack on a home in Tarmiya. Three children were among the dead. The house was likely targeted because two family members, including one of the dead, were Sahwa members.
A blast in Habaniya killed a senior army officer. One bodyguard was also killed, while three more were wounded.
A high-ranking police officer and three bodyguards were wounded in a bombing in Ramadi.
In Zobaa, gunmen killed a soldier and wounded two others.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Across Iraq 68 Killed in Clashes, Airstrikes – August 21st, 2014
- Dozens of Militants Killed Across Iraq – August 20th, 2014
- ISIS Issues New Threat As 146 Are Killed Across Iraq – August 19th, 2014
- Kurds Are Willing To Talk With Baghdad; 78 Killed Across Iraq – August 18th, 2014
- 186 Killed Across Iraq As Kurds Try To Retake Mosul Dam – August 17th, 2014