Family of Seven Among 11 Killed in Iraq
Wednesday: 11 Killed, 14 Wounded
At least 11 Iraqis were killed and 14 more were wounded in new attacks. A family was slaughtered just north of Baghdad, while security forces were targeting in Anbar province.
Seven people were killed in an attack on a home in Tarmiya. Three children were among the dead. The house was likely targeted because two family members, including one of the dead, were Sahwa members.
A blast in Habaniya killed a senior army officer. One bodyguard was also killed, while three more were wounded.
A high-ranking police officer and three bodyguards were wounded in a bombing in Ramadi.
In Zobaa, gunmen killed a soldier and wounded two others.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- 66 Killed in Iraq; Forces Claim Victory in Garma – May 24th, 2016
- Baghdad Claims Progress in Falluja; 164 Killed Across Iraq – May 23rd, 2016
- Falluja Operation Begins; 219 Killed in Iraq – May 22nd, 2016
- Protest Casualties Higher; 65 Killed, 506 Wounded in Iraq – May 21st, 2016
- 21 Killed, 124 Wounded in Iraq; Baghdad Protests Turn Deadly – May 20th, 2016