Despite attempts on local officials and marching pilgrims, few casualties were reported. However, at least four people were killed and six more were wounded.
A roadside bomb killed two soldiers in Tal Afar.
A man was injured when a bomb exploded near a procession in Iskandariya. Two more bombs were found and dismantled.
Hilla police liberated a man and arrested his kidnappers.
Samarra Operations Command foiled an attack targeting a procession in Dujail.
Two bombs were found and defused in Mussayab.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Iraq Executes Dozens of Convicts; 116 Killed in Iraq – September 24th, 2017
- Shirqat Nearly Liberated; 297 Killed in Iraq – September 23rd, 2017
- Turkey Desperate to Stop Kurdish Vote; 41 Killed in Iraq – September 22nd, 2017
- Operations Launched in Hawija and Shirqat; 70 Killed in Iraq – September 21st, 2017
- Dozens of Bodies Found in Mass Graves; 121 Killed in Iraq – September 20th, 2017