Despite attempts on local officials and marching pilgrims, few casualties were reported. However, at least four people were killed and six more were wounded.
A roadside bomb killed two soldiers in Tal Afar.
A man was injured when a bomb exploded near a procession in Iskandariya. Two more bombs were found and dismantled.
Hilla police liberated a man and arrested his kidnappers.
Samarra Operations Command foiled an attack targeting a procession in Dujail.
Two bombs were found and defused in Mussayab.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Iraq Repatriates 1980s War Dead to Iran; 58 Killed in Iraq – May 27th, 2017
- Witnesses Dispute Airstrike Report; 89 Killed in Iraq – May 26th, 2017
- Thousands Kidnapped for Use as Human Shields; 83 Killed in Iraq – May 25th, 2017
- Militants Blow up Home with Civilians Sealed Inside; 103 Killed in Iraq – May 24th, 2017
- Italian Troops Deployed to Guard Mosul Dam; 170 Killed in Iraq – May 23rd, 2017