Despite attempts on local officials and marching pilgrims, few casualties were reported. However, at least four people were killed and six more were wounded.
A roadside bomb killed two soldiers in Tal Afar.
A man was injured when a bomb exploded near a procession in Iskandariya. Two more bombs were found and dismantled.
Hilla police liberated a man and arrested his kidnappers.
Samarra Operations Command foiled an attack targeting a procession in Dujail.
Two bombs were found and defused in Mussayab.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Mosul Courts Sentence Hundreds of Militants to Death; 13 Killed in Iraq – April 18th, 2018
- Four ISIS Women Sentenced to Death; 10 Killed in Iraq – April 17th, 2018
- Iraqi Government Executes Terror Convicts; 52 Killed in Iraq – April 16th, 2018
- Bomb Targets Election Candidate; Two Killed in Iraq – April 15th, 2018
- Kurdish Brothers Killed in Turkish Airstrike Among Four Killed in Iraq – April 14th, 2018