Despite attempts on local officials and marching pilgrims, few casualties were reported. However, at least four people were killed and six more were wounded.
A roadside bomb killed two soldiers in Tal Afar.
A man was injured when a bomb exploded near a procession in Iskandariya. Two more bombs were found and dismantled.
Hilla police liberated a man and arrested his kidnappers.
Samarra Operations Command foiled an attack targeting a procession in Dujail.
Two bombs were found and defused in Mussayab.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Multiple Mass Graves Found; 151 Killed in Iraq – July 24th, 2017
- Bombers Turn Attention to Baquba; 18 Killed in Iraq – July 23rd, 2017
- Body Dumping Continues in Baghdad; 34 Killed in Iraq – July 22nd, 2017
- Sunni and Shi’ite Forces Quarrel in Mosul; 13 Killed in Iraq – July 21st, 2017
- Civilians Still Trapped by Mosul Fighting; 56 Killed in Iraq – July 20th, 2017