Five Killed, 28 Wounded in Iraq Attacks
Sunday: 5 Killed, 28 Wounded
At least five people were killed and 28 more were wounded in new violence.
A suicide car bomber killed two civilians and a policeman at a checkpoint in Khalis. Another 18 people were wounded and several shops were damaged.
In Mosul, one policeman was killed and five more were wounded when two bombs exploded. Two policemen were wounded in a separate bombing.
An I.E.D. wounded three policemen in Qayara.
A kidnapped victim was rescued in Salah ad Din province.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- 95 Killed in Iraq; Fighting Continues in Fallujah – May 26th, 2016
- Mounting Concerns for Fallujah Residents; 259 Killed in Iraq – May 25th, 2016
- 66 Killed in Iraq; Forces Claim Victory in Garma – May 24th, 2016
- Baghdad Claims Progress in Falluja; 164 Killed Across Iraq – May 23rd, 2016
- Falluja Operation Begins; 219 Killed in Iraq – May 22nd, 2016