Five Killed, 28 Wounded in Iraq Attacks
Sunday: 5 Killed, 28 Wounded
At least five people were killed and 28 more were wounded in new violence.
A suicide car bomber killed two civilians and a policeman at a checkpoint in Khalis. Another 18 people were wounded and several shops were damaged.
In Mosul, one policeman was killed and five more were wounded when two bombs exploded. Two policemen were wounded in a separate bombing.
An I.E.D. wounded three policemen in Qayara.
A kidnapped victim was rescued in Salah ad Din province.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Canadian PM Visits Iraq as 110 Are Killed – May 2nd, 2015
- Politicians Blame Anbar Refugees for Baghdad Blasts; 65 Killed across Iraq – May 1st, 2015
- 4,811 Killed in Iraq during April – April 30th, 2015
- 69 Killed across Iraq as Sadr Threatens Return to Fight – April 29th, 2015
- Dumped Bodies Rattle Baghdad; 48 Killed across Iraq – April 28th, 2015