Five Killed, 28 Wounded in Iraq Attacks
Sunday: 5 Killed, 28 Wounded
At least five people were killed and 28 more were wounded in new violence.
A suicide car bomber killed two civilians and a policeman at a checkpoint in Khalis. Another 18 people were wounded and several shops were damaged.
In Mosul, one policeman was killed and five more were wounded when two bombs exploded. Two policemen were wounded in a separate bombing.
An I.E.D. wounded three policemen in Qayara.
A kidnapped victim was rescued in Salah ad Din province.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- ISIS Attacks Checkpoints in Diyala Province; 184 Killed in Iraq – January 15th, 2017
- ISIS Burns Family to Death, Including Infant; 57 Killed in Iraq – January 14th, 2017
- Symbolic Buildings, Bridge Captured in Mosul; 118 Killed in Iraq – January 13th, 2017
- Mortars Strike Civilians in Mosul; 142 Killed in Iraq – January 12th, 2017
- 58 Killed in Iraq; Army Changes Tactics in Mosul – January 11th, 2017