More Bloodshed Across Iraq: 13 Killed, 44 Wounded
Thursday: 13 Killed, 44 Wounded
Iraq suffered a second day of attacks that were spread across the country. At least 13 Iraqis were killed and 44 more were wounded. This latest spate of violence began on an otherwise quiet Tuesday with an attack on an army base. Also, two of fugitive Vice President Tareq al-Hashemi’s staff were sentenced to death, in absentia, on charges of terrorism.
Two people were killed and 20 others were wounded when a bomb blew up outside a restaurant in the village of Asriya.
Two people were killed and 10 more were wounded when a bomb blew up in a commercial district in Hilla.
In Khan Bani Saad, a sticky bomb blast killed a policeman and wounded his brother.
A man was shot to death and his son was wounded in Hadid.
A policeman was killed and a civilian was wounded during a blast in Shirqat.
In Mosul, gunmen killed a lawyer.
Gunmen killed a civilian in Baquba.
An I.E.D. killed a policeman in Tuz Khormato.
Two civilians were wounded when insurgents blew up the Amiriyat al-Falluja home of a Sahwa member.
Gunmen wounded a civilian who is a generator operator in Iskandariya. Many neighborhoods share a private generator to make up for the frequent power outages that vex Iraq.
A man was wounded when gunmen attack an orchard in Abu Saida.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- 66 Killed in Iraq; Forces Claim Victory in Garma – May 24th, 2016
- Baghdad Claims Progress in Falluja; 164 Killed Across Iraq – May 23rd, 2016
- Falluja Operation Begins; 219 Killed in Iraq – May 22nd, 2016
- Protest Casualties Higher; 65 Killed, 506 Wounded in Iraq – May 21st, 2016
- 21 Killed, 124 Wounded in Iraq; Baghdad Protests Turn Deadly – May 20th, 2016