Iraq suffered a second day of attacks that were spread across the country. At least 13 Iraqis were killed and 44 more were wounded. This latest spate of violence began on an otherwise quiet Tuesday with an attack on an army base. Also, two of fugitive Vice President Tareq al-Hashemi’s staff were sentenced to death, in absentia, on charges of terrorism.
Two people were killed and 20 others were wounded when a bomb blew up outside a restaurant in the village of Asriya.
Two people were killed and 10 more were wounded when a bomb blew up in a commercial district in Hilla.
In Khan Bani Saad, a sticky bomb blast killed a policeman and wounded his brother.
A man was shot to death and his son was wounded in Hadid.
A policeman was killed and a civilian was wounded during a blast in Shirqat.
In Mosul, gunmen killed a lawyer.
Gunmen killed a civilian in Baquba.
An I.E.D. killed a policeman in Tuz Khormato.
Two civilians were wounded when insurgents blew up the Amiriyat al-Falluja home of a Sahwa member.
Gunmen wounded a civilian who is a generator operator in Iskandariya. Many neighborhoods share a private generator to make up for the frequent power outages that vex Iraq.
A man was wounded when gunmen attack an orchard in Abu Saida.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Kurds Celebrate Referendum; 27 Killed in Iraq – September 25th, 2017
- Iraq Executes Dozens of Convicts; 116 Killed in Iraq – September 24th, 2017
- Shirqat Nearly Liberated; 297 Killed in Iraq – September 23rd, 2017
- Turkey Desperate to Stop Kurdish Vote; 41 Killed in Iraq – September 22nd, 2017
- Operations Launched in Hawija and Shirqat; 70 Killed in Iraq – September 21st, 2017