Eight Killed in Iraq
Saturday: 8 Killed, 6 Wounded
At least eight Iraqis were killed and six more were wounded since the beginning of the month, an unsually long stretch of relative peace.
A civilian as killed and three more were wounded during an I.E.D. explosion in Haditha.
An I.E.D. blast left one policeman dead in Kirkuk.
In Mosul, gunmen shot dead a soldier.
A sticky bomb killed a civilian in Haswa.
A sticky bomb planted on a car in Abu Sedira wounded a civilian.
Police liberated a girl who had been kidnapped at her home in Jbela.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Canadian PM Visits Iraq as 110 Are Killed – May 2nd, 2015
- Politicians Blame Anbar Refugees for Baghdad Blasts; 65 Killed across Iraq – May 1st, 2015
- 4,811 Killed in Iraq during April – April 30th, 2015
- 69 Killed across Iraq as Sadr Threatens Return to Fight – April 29th, 2015
- Dumped Bodies Rattle Baghdad; 48 Killed across Iraq – April 28th, 2015