Violence subsided dramatically, but at least five people were killed and seven more were wounded. Among them were two insurgent leaders.
An al-Qaeda leader and his aide were killed during a raid in Buhriz.
An Islamic State of Iraq wali was killed during a raid in Baaj.
In Haditha, a tribal sheikh was assassinated.
Two soldiers were wounded when a roadside bomb exploded in Baghdadi.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Mass Grave Yields 48 ISIS fighters; Seven Killed in Iraq – July 19th, 2018
- Kurdish-Iranian Activist Assassinated; Five Killed in Iraq – July 18th, 2018
- Jobs Protests Continue in the South; 36 Killed, 77 Wounded in Iraq – July 17th, 2018
- Peshmerga Killed in New Anti-ISIS Operation; 10 Killed in Iraq – July 16th, 2018
- Protests Enter Second Week; 14 Killed, 366 Wounded in Iraq – July 15th, 2018