Violence subsided dramatically, but at least five people were killed and seven more were wounded. Among them were two insurgent leaders.
An al-Qaeda leader and his aide were killed during a raid in Buhriz.
An Islamic State of Iraq wali was killed during a raid in Baaj.
In Haditha, a tribal sheikh was assassinated.
Two soldiers were wounded when a roadside bomb exploded in Baghdadi.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- UN Probes Right Abuses in Restive Tuz Khormato; Seven Killed in Iraq – December 12th, 2017
- Turkish Jets Strike PKK Camps; 38 Killed Across Iraq – December 11th, 2017
- Victory Parade in Green Zone; Seven Injured Across Iraq – December 10th, 2017
- Scattered Attacks Leave 51 Killed Across Iraq – December 9th, 2017
- Christians Again Displaced; 13 Killed in Iraq – December 8th, 2017