Pre-Eid Attacks Leave 25 Dead, Including Nine-Year-Old
Wednesday: 25 Killed, 31 Wounded
At least 25 Iraqis were killed and 31 more were wounded in the latest round of violence. A nine-year-old, who was shopping for Eid al-Adha, was among the dead.
Seven people were killed when gunmen attacked a minibus ferrying Ministry of Industry employees in Meshahda.
In Baghdad, two soldiers were killed and two civilians were wounded in drive-by shooting in Mansour. Shortly afterwards a bomb targeting first responders killed one policeman and wounded six others. In the Mashtal neighborhood, a sniper killed a policeman.
A motorcycle bomb targeting a Turkmen politician killed a nine-year-old boy and wounded four others when it exploded in Kirkuk. A second bomb wounded four policemen.
In Falluja, a bomb near the finance minister’s home left four dead and four wounded.
Two Shi’ite civilians were killed when their car was shot up in Baquba.
Two people killed and three others were wounded in Tuz Khormato during a roadside bombing.
A roadside bomb in Suleiman Pak killed a policeman and wounded four others.
A farmer was shot to death in Abu Saida.
A bomb in Tal Afar wounded three people.
A condemned man was hanged to death by the federal court in Wassit province.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- 31 Killed in Iraq, Including 12 Slaughtered in a Baghdad Brothel – May 22nd, 2013
- Sixty Killed, 132 Wounded in Ongoing Iraq Carnage – May 21st, 2013
- Monday Mayhem: 133 Killed, 283 Wounded in Iraq – May 20th, 2013
- Iraqi Police Targeted As Attacks Claim 44 Lives – May 19th, 2013
- Forty Killed Across Iraq; 13 Kidnapped in Anbar Province – May 18th, 2013