At least 25 Iraqis were killed and 31 more were wounded in the latest round of violence. A nine-year-old, who was shopping for Eid al-Adha, was among the dead.
Seven people were killed when gunmen attacked a minibus ferrying Ministry of Industry employees in Meshahda.
In Baghdad, two soldiers were killed and two civilians were wounded in drive-by shooting in Mansour. Shortly afterwards a bomb targeting first responders killed one policeman and wounded six others. In the Mashtal neighborhood, a sniper killed a policeman.
A motorcycle bomb targeting a Turkmen politician killed a nine-year-old boy and wounded four others when it exploded in Kirkuk. A second bomb wounded four policemen.
In Falluja, a bomb near the finance minister’s home left four dead and four wounded.
Two Shi’ite civilians were killed when their car was shot up in Baquba.
Two people killed and three others were wounded in Tuz Khormato during a roadside bombing.
A roadside bomb in Suleiman Pak killed a policeman and wounded four others.
A farmer was shot to death in Abu Saida.
A bomb in Tal Afar wounded three people.
A condemned man was hanged to death by the federal court in Wassit province.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Victory Parade in Green Zone; Seven Injured Across Iraq – December 10th, 2017
- Scattered Attacks Leave 51 Killed Across Iraq – December 9th, 2017
- Christians Again Displaced; 13 Killed in Iraq – December 8th, 2017
- Clashes Reported in Kirkuk; 31 Killed Across Iraq – December 7th, 2017
- Kurdish Refugee Camp Bombed; 18 Killed in Iraq – December 6th, 2017