At least 25 Iraqis were killed and 31 more were wounded in the latest round of violence. A nine-year-old, who was shopping for Eid al-Adha, was among the dead.
Seven people were killed when gunmen attacked a minibus ferrying Ministry of Industry employees in Meshahda.
In Baghdad, two soldiers were killed and two civilians were wounded in drive-by shooting in Mansour. Shortly afterwards a bomb targeting first responders killed one policeman and wounded six others. In the Mashtal neighborhood, a sniper killed a policeman.
A motorcycle bomb targeting a Turkmen politician killed a nine-year-old boy and wounded four others when it exploded in Kirkuk. A second bomb wounded four policemen.
In Falluja, a bomb near the finance minister’s home left four dead and four wounded.
Two Shi’ite civilians were killed when their car was shot up in Baquba.
Two people killed and three others were wounded in Tuz Khormato during a roadside bombing.
A roadside bomb in Suleiman Pak killed a policeman and wounded four others.
A farmer was shot to death in Abu Saida.
A bomb in Tal Afar wounded three people.
A condemned man was hanged to death by the federal court in Wassit province.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- HRW Calls on Baghdad to Admit to Holding Prisoners; 25 Killed in Iraq – July 22nd, 2018
- Peshmerga Forces Beaten at Checkpoint; Seven Killed in Iraq – July 21st, 2018
- Amnesty Accuses Baghdad of Attacking Protesters; 4 Killed, 46 Wounded in Iraq – July 20th, 2018
- Mass Grave Yields 48 ISIS fighters; Seven Killed in Iraq – July 19th, 2018
- Kurdish-Iranian Activist Assassinated; Five Killed in Iraq – July 18th, 2018