Iraq Attacks: 25 Killed, 53 Wounded
Monday: 25 Killed, 53 Wounded
After several days of relative peace, attacks resumed at a full pace. At least 25 Iraqis were killed and 53 more were wounded across the country, with northern cities getting the lion’s share of the violence.
Two car bombs in Kirkuk killed a policeman and wounded 18 others. Another bombing left two dead and three wounded. Gunmen killed two policemen just outside town. A Kurdish security member was wounded in a separate shooting.
In Tuz Khormato, gunmen killed two policemen and wounded two more at a checkpoint. One policeman was killed and six people were wounded in an unrelated bombing.
Gunmen attacked a home near Samarra where they killed two Sahwa members and their father.
In Mosul, gunmen killed a policeman. A child was killed and three others were wounded in a bomb attack. A bomb wounded a policeman and a civilian. A sticky bomb killed a man, but also wounded his wife and brother.
A Sahwa member was killed and a bystander was wounded during a shooting in Tarmiya. Bombs planted at a policeman’s home wounded three people.
In Ramadi, a sticky bomb killed one person and wounded another.
A sniper killed a woman in Mussayab.
A sticky bomb killed a Sahwa member in Hawija.
Five civilians were wounded in a blast in Riyadh.
A bomb in Falluja wounded three policemen.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Twenty Killed in Attacks Focused on Iraqi Security Forces – May 23rd, 2013
- 31 Killed in Iraq, Including 12 Slaughtered in a Baghdad Brothel – May 22nd, 2013
- Sixty Killed, 132 Wounded in Ongoing Iraq Carnage – May 21st, 2013
- Monday Mayhem: 133 Killed, 283 Wounded in Iraq – May 20th, 2013
- Iraqi Police Targeted As Attacks Claim 44 Lives – May 19th, 2013