After several days of relative peace, attacks resumed at a full pace. At least 25 Iraqis were killed and 53 more were wounded across the country, with northern cities getting the lion’s share of the violence.
Two car bombs in Kirkuk killed a policeman and wounded 18 others. Another bombing left two dead and three wounded. Gunmen killed two policemen just outside town. A Kurdish security member was wounded in a separate shooting.
In Tuz Khormato, gunmen killed two policemen and wounded two more at a checkpoint. One policeman was killed and six people were wounded in an unrelated bombing.
Gunmen attacked a home near Samarra where they killed two Sahwa members and their father.
In Mosul, gunmen killed a policeman. A child was killed and three others were wounded in a bomb attack. A bomb wounded a policeman and a civilian. A sticky bomb killed a man, but also wounded his wife and brother.
A Sahwa member was killed and a bystander was wounded during a shooting in Tarmiya. Bombs planted at a policeman’s home wounded three people.
In Ramadi, a sticky bomb killed one person and wounded another.
A sniper killed a woman in Mussayab.
A sticky bomb killed a Sahwa member in Hawija.
Five civilians were wounded in a blast in Riyadh.
A bomb in Falluja wounded three policemen.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Anti-ISIS Imam Among 11 Killed in Iraq – October 19th, 2018
- Over 2,200 Bodies Exhumed in Mosul Region; Four Killed in Iraq – October 18th, 2018
- Iraq Executes Six Convicts; 14 Others Killed in Attacks – October 17th, 2018
- ISIS Commander Blamed for Iran Attack among 18 Killed in Iraq – October 16th, 2018
- 51 Bodies in ISIS Mass Grave; Three Killed in Iraq – October 15th, 2018