Few attacks took place today. Nevertheless, at least nine people were killed in them, and another 28 were wounded.
In Baghdad, five people were killed and 26 more were wounded shortly after noon prayers, in a double bombing near a mosque and checkpoint in Za’afaraniya.
Two gunmen were killed in a clash in Tikrit.
Near Balad, an I.E.D. killed two policemen and wounded two more.
No casualties were reported after a round of Turkish artillery fire in the Zab region.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Seven U.S. Airmen Among 131 Killed in Iraq – March 16th, 2018
- U.S. Military Helicopter Crash; 63 Killed in Iraq – March 15th, 2018
- Mass Grave Found Near Kirkuk; 29 Killed in Iraq – March 14th, 2018
- Militiaman Shoots P.M.’s Security Officer; 32 Killed in Iraq – March 13th, 2018
- Scattered ISIS Attacks near Kirkuk; 54 Killed in Iraq – March 12th, 2018