Double Bombing Outside Mosque in Baghdad
Friday: 9 People Killed, 28 Wounded
Few attacks took place today. Nevertheless, at least nine people were killed in them, and another 28 were wounded.
In Baghdad, five people were killed and 26 more were wounded shortly after noon prayers, in a double bombing near a mosque and checkpoint in Za’afaraniya.
Two gunmen were killed in a clash in Tikrit.
Near Balad, an I.E.D. killed two policemen and wounded two more.
No casualties were reported after a round of Turkish artillery fire in the Zab region.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Iraqi Police Targeted As Attacks Claim 44 Lives – May 19th, 2013
- Forty Killed Across Iraq; 13 Kidnapped in Anbar Province – May 18th, 2013
- Retaliation Against Sunnis Leave 90 Dead, 201 Wounded Across Iraq – May 17th, 2013
- Bombings Continue in Baghdad, Kirkuk; 40 Killed – May 16th, 2013
- Iraq Horror: 42 Killed, 141 Wounded – May 15th, 2013