At least 10 Iraqis were killed and 17 more were wounded in new violence. Among the dead were a mosque preacher and Yazidi citizens. A curfew remains in effect as security forces scour the Tikrit area for detainees who escaped in Thursday’s jailbreak.
Two policemen were killed and four more were wounded in a blast in Balad Ruz.
Gunmen killed a soldier and wounded two more in Tarmiya.
A roadside bomb blast in Garma killed a civilian and wounded a policeman.
A former governor of Basra province, Muhammad Misbah Waili, was assassinated.
Gunmen killed a preacher in central Kirkuk.
In Mosul, a bomb wounded four civilians.
A blast in Tal Afar wounded three policemen.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Iraqi Troops Still Chasing ISIS; 39 Killed in Iraq – December 17th, 2017
- More Yazidi Victims Found in Mass Graves; 97 Killed in Iraq – December 16th, 2017
- Suicide Bomber Attacks Militia; 15 Killed in Iraq – December 15th, 2017
- Dozens of Sunnis Executed on Terror Charges; 53 Killed in Iraq – December 14th, 2017
- ISIS Attacks Troops, Mass Grave Found; 68 Killed in Iraq – December 13th, 2017