At least 10 Iraqis were killed and 17 more were wounded in new violence. Among the dead were a mosque preacher and Yazidi citizens. A curfew remains in effect as security forces scour the Tikrit area for detainees who escaped in Thursday’s jailbreak.
Two policemen were killed and four more were wounded in a blast in Balad Ruz.
Gunmen killed a soldier and wounded two more in Tarmiya.
A roadside bomb blast in Garma killed a civilian and wounded a policeman.
A former governor of Basra province, Muhammad Misbah Waili, was assassinated.
Gunmen killed a preacher in central Kirkuk.
In Mosul, a bomb wounded four civilians.
A blast in Tal Afar wounded three policemen.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Sadr Colleague Among Seven Killed; 30 Found in Iraq Mass Grave – October 14th, 2018
- Mass Grave Gives up 78 Victims; 11 Recently Killed in Iraq – October 13th, 2018
- 30 Bodies in Mass Grave near Mosul; Two Killed in Iraq – October 11th, 2018
- ISIS Attack on Oil Field; 15 Killed in Iraq – October 10th, 2018
- Security Forces Among 13 Killed in Iraq – October 9th, 2018