At least 10 Iraqis were killed and 17 more were wounded in new violence. Among the dead were a mosque preacher and Yazidi citizens. A curfew remains in effect as security forces scour the Tikrit area for detainees who escaped in Thursday’s jailbreak.
Two policemen were killed and four more were wounded in a blast in Balad Ruz.
Gunmen killed a soldier and wounded two more in Tarmiya.
A roadside bomb blast in Garma killed a civilian and wounded a policeman.
A former governor of Basra province, Muhammad Misbah Waili, was assassinated.
Gunmen killed a preacher in central Kirkuk.
In Mosul, a bomb wounded four civilians.
A blast in Tal Afar wounded three policemen.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Mass Grave Yields 48 ISIS fighters; Seven Killed in Iraq – July 19th, 2018
- Kurdish-Iranian Activist Assassinated; Five Killed in Iraq – July 18th, 2018
- Jobs Protests Continue in the South; 36 Killed, 77 Wounded in Iraq – July 17th, 2018
- Peshmerga Killed in New Anti-ISIS Operation; 10 Killed in Iraq – July 16th, 2018
- Protests Enter Second Week; 14 Killed, 366 Wounded in Iraq – July 15th, 2018