At least 10 Iraqis were killed and 17 more were wounded in new violence. Among the dead were a mosque preacher and Yazidi citizens. A curfew remains in effect as security forces scour the Tikrit area for detainees who escaped in Thursday’s jailbreak.
Two policemen were killed and four more were wounded in a blast in Balad Ruz.
Gunmen killed a soldier and wounded two more in Tarmiya.
A roadside bomb blast in Garma killed a civilian and wounded a policeman.
A former governor of Basra province, Muhammad Misbah Waili, was assassinated.
Gunmen killed a preacher in central Kirkuk.
In Mosul, a bomb wounded four civilians.
A blast in Tal Afar wounded three policemen.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Turkish Airstrikes Leave Kurdish Fatalities; 14 Killed in Iraq – March 22nd, 2018
- India Abductees Found Dead Near Mosul; 72 Killed in Iraq – March 20th, 2018
- ISIS Attacks on Kirkuk Province Highways; Four Killed in Iraq – March 19th, 2018
- Bodies Pollute River in Mosul; 12 Killed in Iraq – March 18th, 2018
- Seven U.S. Airmen Among 131 Killed in Iraq – March 16th, 2018