The violence slipped south of Baghdad today, where a police chief and a young girl were among its victims. Overall, at least 14 Iraqis were killed and eight more were wounded.
A sticky bomb killed the police chief of Jbela. His driver was also killed, and two bodyguards were wounded. Two more policemen may have been killed in the attack.
Two policemen and their commander were killed during an attack on a checkpoint near Baghdad.
North of Hilla in the Lakes Region, gunmen killed two soldiers and wounded a third one.
A roadside bomb killed two policemen at a checkpoint in Yathrib.
A young girl was killed and a young man was wounded when a bomb exploded in their Nasariya home.
Gunmen stormed a home Nuaimiya where they killed a Sahwa leader.
In Mosul, a pharmaceutical employee was killed when gunmen shot him near his home.
An I.E.D. in Saqlawiya wounded four policemen, one of them a lieutenant.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Seven U.S. Airmen Among 131 Killed in Iraq – March 16th, 2018
- U.S. Military Helicopter Crash; 63 Killed in Iraq – March 15th, 2018
- Mass Grave Found Near Kirkuk; 29 Killed in Iraq – March 14th, 2018
- Militiaman Shoots P.M.’s Security Officer; 32 Killed in Iraq – March 13th, 2018
- Scattered ISIS Attacks near Kirkuk; 54 Killed in Iraq – March 12th, 2018