12 Iraqis Killed, 2 Abducted Children Freed
Wednesday: 12 Iraqis Killed, 2 Abducted
At least 12 Iraqis were killed in new attacks today. Oddly, no injuries were reported. Two abducted children were freed in separate locations south of Baghdad.
In Mosul, two soldiers were shot dead at a checkpoint. Another two soldiers died when mortars struck their headquarters. Gunmen killed a civilian in eastern Mosul, and murdered another one in western Mosul. They also killed a pediatrician.
Three people were killed in a blast in Tal Afar. An officer and a soldier were killed as they were trying to defuse a car bomb. Inside they car that exploded, security forces found a woman’s body. It is unclear if she was a bomber or victim.
In Baghdad, gunmen killed a bodyguard working for a provincial councilperson.
Security forces killed a gunman in Hib Hib.
An abducted child was freed in the Shawi district in Hilla.
South of Hilla, in Hashimiat, police liberated another kidnapped child.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- French Reportedly Bomb School; 48 Killed across Iraq – November 26th, 2015
- 112 Killed across Iraq as Turkey Resumes Bombing Runs – November 25th, 2015
- 166 Killed across Iraq; Militia Accused of Seizing Hospital – November 24th, 2015
- 81 Killed across Iraq; Canada Accused of Bombing Civilians – November 23rd, 2015
- Baghdad Cancels Flights over Missile Fears; 101 Killed across Iraq – November 22nd, 2015