12 Iraqis Killed, 2 Abducted Children Freed
Wednesday: 12 Iraqis Killed, 2 Abducted
At least 12 Iraqis were killed in new attacks today. Oddly, no injuries were reported. Two abducted children were freed in separate locations south of Baghdad.
In Mosul, two soldiers were shot dead at a checkpoint. Another two soldiers died when mortars struck their headquarters. Gunmen killed a civilian in eastern Mosul, and murdered another one in western Mosul. They also killed a pediatrician.
Three people were killed in a blast in Tal Afar. An officer and a soldier were killed as they were trying to defuse a car bomb. Inside they car that exploded, security forces found a woman’s body. It is unclear if she was a bomber or victim.
In Baghdad, gunmen killed a bodyguard working for a provincial councilperson.
Security forces killed a gunman in Hib Hib.
An abducted child was freed in the Shawi district in Hilla.
South of Hilla, in Hashimiat, police liberated another kidnapped child.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Troops Recapture Anbar Town; 120 Killed Across Iraq – February 8th, 2016
- ISIS Executes Hundreds in Iraq – February 7th, 2016
- Suicide Bomber Strikes near US Base; 125 Killed Across Iraq – February 6th, 2016
- Civilian Casualties in Turkish Airstrikes as 174 Are Killed Across Iraq – February 5th, 2016
- String of Blasts Hits Baghdad; 283 Killed in Iraq – February 4th, 2016