12 Iraqis Killed, 2 Abducted Children Freed
Wednesday: 12 Iraqis Killed, 2 Abducted
At least 12 Iraqis were killed in new attacks today. Oddly, no injuries were reported. Two abducted children were freed in separate locations south of Baghdad.
In Mosul, two soldiers were shot dead at a checkpoint. Another two soldiers died when mortars struck their headquarters. Gunmen killed a civilian in eastern Mosul, and murdered another one in western Mosul. They also killed a pediatrician.
Three people were killed in a blast in Tal Afar. An officer and a soldier were killed as they were trying to defuse a car bomb. Inside they car that exploded, security forces found a woman’s body. It is unclear if she was a bomber or victim.
In Baghdad, gunmen killed a bodyguard working for a provincial councilperson.
Security forces killed a gunman in Hib Hib.
An abducted child was freed in the Shawi district in Hilla.
South of Hilla, in Hashimiat, police liberated another kidnapped child.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- 3,790 Killed Across Iraq in September – September 30th, 2014
- At Least 246 killed across Iraq As Battles Rage near Baghdad – September 29th, 2014
- Airstrikes, Battles, and Bombings Leave 294 Dead Across Iraq – September 28th, 2014
- Friendly Fire Casualties Among 94 Killed, 93 Wounded Across Iraq – September 27th, 2014
- 102 Killed in Iraq As New Details about Anbar Army Massacre Emerge – September 26th, 2014