Five More Executed in Iraq, Another 11 Killed in Attacks
Wednesday: 16 Killed, 19 Wounded
At least 16 people were killed and 19 more were wounded. Two of the dead were foreign nationals.
The Justice Ministry announced the execution of five more convicts today. A Syrian and a Saudi were among the group of five. Yesterday, 21 death sentences were carried out.
Three soldiers were killed and six more were wounded in a bomb blast in Kirkuk. Another bomb killed a policeman and wounded three security personnel, including a Peshmerga fighter.
In Baghdad, gunmen killed a brigadier general working for the Interior Ministry. A colonel was killed in a separate bombing. Gunmen killed a sheikh and a policeman at separate locations. An army lieutenant was killed and a soldier was wounded in a blast.
An officer was killed and three more were wounded in al-Sahaji when a bomb blew up.
Gunmen killed a civilian in Muqdadiya.
A sticky bomb wounded an emergency regiment officer in Rawa.
Three policemen were wounded in Anna when their patrol came across a roadside bomb.
A blast in Balad Ruz wounded a farmer.
In Gatoun, gunmen wounded a civilian.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Iraqi Police Targeted As Attacks Claim 44 Lives – May 19th, 2013
- Forty Killed Across Iraq; 13 Kidnapped in Anbar Province – May 18th, 2013
- Retaliation Against Sunnis Leave 90 Dead, 201 Wounded Across Iraq – May 17th, 2013
- Bombings Continue in Baghdad, Kirkuk; 40 Killed – May 16th, 2013
- Iraq Horror: 42 Killed, 141 Wounded – May 15th, 2013