At least 16 people were killed and 19 more were wounded. Two of the dead were foreign nationals.
The Justice Ministry announced the execution of five more convicts today. A Syrian and a Saudi were among the group of five. Yesterday, 21 death sentences were carried out.
Three soldiers were killed and six more were wounded in a bomb blast in Kirkuk. Another bomb killed a policeman and wounded three security personnel, including a Peshmerga fighter.
In Baghdad, gunmen killed a brigadier general working for the Interior Ministry. A colonel was killed in a separate bombing. Gunmen killed a sheikh and a policeman at separate locations. An army lieutenant was killed and a soldier was wounded in a blast.
An officer was killed and three more were wounded in al-Sahaji when a bomb blew up.
Gunmen killed a civilian in Muqdadiya.
A sticky bomb wounded an emergency regiment officer in Rawa.
Three policemen were wounded in Anna when their patrol came across a roadside bomb.
A blast in Balad Ruz wounded a farmer.
In Gatoun, gunmen wounded a civilian.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Random Attacks Rattle North; 23 Killed in Iraq – October 21st, 2018
- Nine Militants Killed During Security Operations in Iraq – October 20th, 2018
- Anti-ISIS Imam Among 11 Killed in Iraq – October 19th, 2018
- Over 2,200 Bodies Exhumed in Mosul Region; Four Killed in Iraq – October 18th, 2018
- Iraq Executes Six Convicts; 14 Others Killed in Attacks – October 17th, 2018