At least two Iraqis were killed and five more were wounded in light violence. Meanwhile, the Islamic State of Iraq, an al-Qaeda related group, claimed responsibility for a series of 43 attacks in Anbar province during June and July.
No casualties were reported when a shell launched from Syria struck a home in Qaim. A Syrian fighter briefly flew into Iraqi airspace. Also, the border was opened to allow more refugees to cross into Iraq.
In Mussayab, gunmen killed a civilian and wounded his wife.
A civilian was gunned down in Nasariya.
Gunmen attacked a checkpoint in Adhaim where they wounded two soldiers.
A sticky bomb wounded a civilian in Jalawla.
A high-ranking officer was wounded in Kirkuk when a bomb blew up.
Two Yazidis were kidnapped in Sinjar.
In Kut, a sniper tried to assassinate a lawmaker but failed to cause any injuries.
Four bombs were defused at a policeman’s home in Jurf al-Sakhar.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Turkish Airstrikes Leave Kurdish Fatalities; 14 Killed in Iraq – March 22nd, 2018
- India Abductees Found Dead Near Mosul; 72 Killed in Iraq – March 20th, 2018
- ISIS Attacks on Kirkuk Province Highways; Four Killed in Iraq – March 19th, 2018
- Bodies Pollute River in Mosul; 12 Killed in Iraq – March 18th, 2018
- Seven U.S. Airmen Among 131 Killed in Iraq – March 16th, 2018