Gunmen and Bombers Kill 19 Across Iraq
Saturday: 19 Iraqis Killed, 15 Wounded
Gunmen and small bombs took the lives of 19 across Iraq, the tally of two days of violence following a spasm of violence on Thursday. Another 15 people were also wounded.
In Mosul, a blast killed a civilian and wounded a policeman. Gunmen killed two brothers and wounded a guest at a separate house. A woman was also shot dead. Gunmen also killed a man and wounded his brother. Four people were shot to death at home.
Five soldiers were killed and four more were wounded when gunmen attacked their al-Azim checkpoint.
In Baghdad, gunmen shot four people dead at one home.
Two soldiers were wounded in a blast near Khanaqin.
Gunmen killed a civilian in Gatoun.
In Falluja, a bomb hidden in garbage wounded two policemen when it exploded.
A roadside bomb in Haswa wounded two people.
A bomb wounded a woman near Baquba.
A farmer was wounded in crossfire between security forces and gunmen in Udhaim.
A female suicide bomber was arrested in Ramadi.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Gov’t Executes Militants for 2014 Massacre; 97 Killed in Iraq – January 23rd, 2017
- Army Colonel Among 72 Killed in Iraq – January 22nd, 2017
- More Camp Speicher Victims Found; 88 Killed in Iraq – January 21st, 2017
- Executions in Kirkuk; 102 Killed in Iraq – January 20th, 2017
- Militants Execute Civilians in Mosul; 101 Killed Across Iraq – January 19th, 2017