20 Killed in Iraq Bomb and Gun Violence
Wednesday: 20 Killed, 37 Wounded
Bombs in Diyala province killed and injured dozens at two separate locations. Gunmen left several fatalities in their wake further north. Overall, at least 20 Iraqis were killed and 37 more were wounded.
A blast in Muqdadiya killed seven people and wounded 25 more.
Near Baquba in Gatoun, a car bomb killed two people and wounded nine more after Iftar.
Two Yazidi brothers were killed when gunmen stormed their home in Baaj.
In Mosul, gunmen killed a lawyer and a policeman in separate interests. Two policemen were killed in an attack on their patrol.
Three car bombers were killed in Hit when their car exploded.
Two gunmen were killed as they were planting a bombing in Tal Afar.
In Dohuk, a bomb wounded two civilians.
Gunmen wounded a tribal leader in Dulaim.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Attack on Pilgrims in Iraq Leaves Six Iranians Dead; 14 Iraqis Also Killed – May 25th, 2013
- Twenty Killed in Attacks Focused on Iraqi Security Forces – May 23rd, 2013
- 31 Killed in Iraq, Including 12 Slaughtered in a Baghdad Brothel – May 22nd, 2013
- Sixty Killed, 132 Wounded in Ongoing Iraq Carnage – May 21st, 2013
- Monday Mayhem: 133 Killed, 283 Wounded in Iraq – May 20th, 2013