20 Killed in Iraq Bomb and Gun Violence
Wednesday: 20 Killed, 37 Wounded
Bombs in Diyala province killed and injured dozens at two separate locations. Gunmen left several fatalities in their wake further north. Overall, at least 20 Iraqis were killed and 37 more were wounded.
A blast in Muqdadiya killed seven people and wounded 25 more.
Near Baquba in Gatoun, a car bomb killed two people and wounded nine more after Iftar.
Two Yazidi brothers were killed when gunmen stormed their home in Baaj.
In Mosul, gunmen killed a lawyer and a policeman in separate interests. Two policemen were killed in an attack on their patrol.
Three car bombers were killed in Hit when their car exploded.
Two gunmen were killed as they were planting a bombing in Tal Afar.
In Dohuk, a bomb wounded two civilians.
Gunmen wounded a tribal leader in Dulaim.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Civilians Flee Renewed Fighting in Mosul; 154 Killed in Iraq – February 21st, 2017
- Non-combat Death of U.S. Servicemember; 144 Others Killed in Iraq – February 20th, 2017
- Early Advances in Mosul Operation; 151 Killed in Iraq – February 19th, 2017
- Defense Officials Say Mosul Operations Restart; 85 Killed in Iraq – February 18th, 2017
- Silent, Peaceful Rally Held in Baghdad; 67 Killed in Iraq – February 17th, 2017