More Iraq Bloodshed: 17 Killed, 37 Wounded
At least 17 Iraqis were killed and 37 were wounded as violence returned after a couple of relatively peaceful days. Also, an Iraqi-Canadian businessman was liberated, and his kidnappers were freed.
A bomb killed four policemen and wounded two civilians in Tuz Khormato.
A bomb in Iskandariya killed two soldiers and wounded ten more.
Two people were killed and six were wounded in a sticky bomb blast in Asiriya. The targets were involved with police intelligence.
An I.E.D. in Haswa killed one soldier and wounded another.
One policeman was killed and one more was wounded in a roadside blast in al-Jazeera.
In Saidiya, gunmen killed a Kurdish shop owner.
Two policemen were wounded in an attack at a checkpoint in Salah ad Din.
Gunmen wounded two policemen in Falluja.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- 161 Killed across Iraq As Bombs Continue in Baghdad – April 20th, 2015
- Militants Execute Iraq Civilians; 208 Killed Overall – April 19th, 2015
- Iraq Force Retake Baiji Refinery; 158 Killed across Country – April 18th, 2015
- Bombers Strike in Baghdad; 479 Killed Across Iraq – April 17th, 2015
- 313 Killed in Iraq as Fighting Increases on Two Fronts – April 16th, 2015