At least 17 Iraqis were killed and 37 were wounded as violence returned after a couple of relatively peaceful days. Also, an Iraqi-Canadian businessman was liberated, and his kidnappers were freed.
A bomb killed four policemen and wounded two civilians in Tuz Khormato.
A bomb in Iskandariya killed two soldiers and wounded ten more.
Two people were killed and six were wounded in a sticky bomb blast in Asiriya. The targets were involved with police intelligence.
An I.E.D. in Haswa killed one soldier and wounded another.
One policeman was killed and one more was wounded in a roadside blast in al-Jazeera.
In Saidiya, gunmen killed a Kurdish shop owner.
Two policemen were wounded in an attack at a checkpoint in Salah ad Din.
Gunmen wounded two policemen in Falluja.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Heavy Fighting and Counterattacks in Mosul; 61 Killed in Iraq – June 26th, 2017
- Hawija Displaced Found Dead; 200 Killed in Iraq – June 25th, 2017
- Civilians Flee Mosul War Zone; 59 Killed in Iraq – June 24th, 2017
- Many Casualties in Mosul Attacks; 151 Killed in Iraq – June 23rd, 2017
- Teenagers Blown-up by Old Landmine; 46 Killed in Iraq – June 22nd, 2017