More Iraq Bloodshed: 17 Killed, 37 Wounded
At least 17 Iraqis were killed and 37 were wounded as violence returned after a couple of relatively peaceful days. Also, an Iraqi-Canadian businessman was liberated, and his kidnappers were freed.
A bomb killed four policemen and wounded two civilians in Tuz Khormato.
A bomb in Iskandariya killed two soldiers and wounded ten more.
Two people were killed and six were wounded in a sticky bomb blast in Asiriya. The targets were involved with police intelligence.
An I.E.D. in Haswa killed one soldier and wounded another.
One policeman was killed and one more was wounded in a roadside blast in al-Jazeera.
In Saidiya, gunmen killed a Kurdish shop owner.
Two policemen were wounded in an attack at a checkpoint in Salah ad Din.
Gunmen wounded two policemen in Falluja.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Soldiers Retreat after Bloody Battles in Mosul; 229 Killed in Iraq – December 8th, 2016
- Bombers Successful in Mosul, Baghdad; 129 Killed in Iraq – December 7th, 2016
- Bus Bomb Explodes at Mosul Market; 35 Killed in Iraq – December 6th, 2016
- Displaced Executed near Kirkuk; 110 Killed in Iraq – December 5th, 2016
- Attacks on Mosul Civilians Continue; 115 Killed in Iraq – December 4th, 2016