Iraqi Lawmaker Survives Assassination Attempt; 5 Killed in Other Attacks
Although violence tapered off substantially in the last day, at least five people were killed and eight more were wounded in new attacks. One attack targeted an Iraqiya lawmaker whose brother is a deputy prime minister.
A bomb targeting Iraqiya M.P. Hamed Al Mutlaq, who is brother to Deputy Prime Minister Saleh al-Mutlaq, wounded two of his bodyguards as their convoy traveled through Abu Ghraib. Separately, an I.E.D. killed two soldiers and wounded three more at a checkpoint.
Gunmen attacked a checkpoint in Hammam al-Alil where they killed two policemen and wounded two more.
A clash in Baaj left one soldier killed and one wounded.
The director of the Tikrit power station was not injured during a sticky bomb blast.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Mass Graves in Western Iraq Drive Casualty Figure up to 470 Killed – October 30th, 2014
- ISIS Executes Dozens; 350 Killed Across Iraq – October 29th, 2014
- Battles Continue Near Iraq Capital; 162 Killed – October 28th, 2014
- Bombers Attack Civilian and Security Targets Across Iraq, 317 Killed – October 27th, 2014
- Iraq Battles Leave 238 Dead – October 26th, 2014