Although violence tapered off substantially in the last day, at least five people were killed and eight more were wounded in new attacks. One attack targeted an Iraqiya lawmaker whose brother is a deputy prime minister.
A bomb targeting Iraqiya M.P. Hamed Al Mutlaq, who is brother to Deputy Prime Minister Saleh al-Mutlaq, wounded two of his bodyguards as their convoy traveled through Abu Ghraib. Separately, an I.E.D. killed two soldiers and wounded three more at a checkpoint.
Gunmen attacked a checkpoint in Hammam al-Alil where they killed two policemen and wounded two more.
A clash in Baaj left one soldier killed and one wounded.
The director of the Tikrit power station was not injured during a sticky bomb blast.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Baghdad Deploys More Troops to Kirkuk; 13 Killed in Iraq – October 22nd, 2018
- Random Attacks Rattle North; 23 Killed in Iraq – October 21st, 2018
- Nine Militants Killed During Security Operations in Iraq – October 20th, 2018
- Anti-ISIS Imam Among 11 Killed in Iraq – October 19th, 2018
- Over 2,200 Bodies Exhumed in Mosul Region; Four Killed in Iraq – October 18th, 2018