Violence lightened somewhat for the prayer day, but at least 22 Iraqis were killed and 18 more were wounded in new attacks. As happened yesterday, most of the attacks targeted security or government personnel.
In Baghdad, gunmen shot and wounded the vice president of an appeals court. Five policemen were killed in an attack in Zaidan. One policeman was shot dead and two more were wounded in Waziriya.
In Abu Ghraib, gunmen killed three policemen and wounded five more in an early morning attack. Then perhaps the same gunmen killed another policeman nearby and wounded four more. A sticky bomb wounded a policeman .
A roadside bomb in Duluiya killed five soldiers and wounded four more.
A civilian was killed and his mother was wounded in a home invasion in Mosul.
Four gunmen were killed in an operation in Rutba.
Gunmen attacked a checkpoint in Mafraq, but security forces were able to kill two of them.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Children Among Casualties in Basra; Nine Killed in Iraq – December 16th, 2018
- Turkey Continues Unapproved Airstrikes; 24 Killed in Iraq – December 15th, 2018
- Civilians Bombed in Turkish Strikes; 26 Killed in Iraq – December 14th, 2018
- Turkey Bombs PKK Sites; Three Killed in Iraq – December 13th, 2018
- Militants Attack Federal Police Unit; Seven Killed in Iraq – December 11th, 2018