22 Killed in Violence Against Iraq Security Forces
Thursday: 22 Killed, 18 Wounded
Violence lightened somewhat for the prayer day, but at least 22 Iraqis were killed and 18 more were wounded in new attacks. As happened yesterday, most of the attacks targeted security or government personnel.
In Baghdad, gunmen shot and wounded the vice president of an appeals court. Five policemen were killed in an attack in Zaidan. One policeman was shot dead and two more were wounded in Waziriya.
In Abu Ghraib, gunmen killed three policemen and wounded five more in an early morning attack. Then perhaps the same gunmen killed another policeman nearby and wounded four more. A sticky bomb wounded a policeman .
A roadside bomb in Duluiya killed five soldiers and wounded four more.
A civilian was killed and his mother was wounded in a home invasion in Mosul.
Four gunmen were killed in an operation in Rutba.
Gunmen attacked a checkpoint in Mafraq, but security forces were able to kill two of them.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- No End in Sight for Executioners; 256 Killed in Iraq – October 26th, 2016
- Rampant Executions in Mosul Theater; 244 Killed in Iraq – October 25th, 2016
- ISIS Captures City; 482 Killed Across Iraq – October 24th, 2016
- 418 Killed as Security Forces Capture Several Towns in Northern Iraq – October 23rd, 2016
- 598 Killed in Iraq; Hundreds Sickened by Sulfur Fumes – October 22nd, 2016