The Iraqi Communist Party celebrated the 54th anniversary of the July 14, 1958 declaration of the republic with a march in Baghdad. Although the march also called for improved services, the demonstrators were not met with any violence. However, attacks continued elsewhere, leaving 14 dead and 11 more wounded.
Gunmen killed five security personnel and wounded two more in an attack on a checkpoint in the Turkmen town of Rashidiya. Soldiers and police were among the victims.
Four people were killed, including two civilians, when gunmen attacked a checkpoint in Hammam al-Alil.
A bomb at a congregation hall construction site in Jbela left two dead and five wounded.
As sticky bomb on a car in Riyadh killed one oil protection police officer when it exploded.
A government official was killed during a home invasion in Duquq.
A soldier wounded a civilian in a personal dispute in Zubayr.
In Mussayab, a sticky bomb wounded a lieutenant.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Civilians Flee Mosul War Zone; 59 Killed in Iraq – June 24th, 2017
- Many Casualties in Mosul Attacks; 151 Killed in Iraq – June 23rd, 2017
- Teenagers Blown-up by Old Landmine; 46 Killed in Iraq – June 22nd, 2017
- Great Mosque Destroyed in Mosul; 91 Killed in Iraq – June 21st, 2017
- Chemical Weapons Report in Mosul; 84 Killed in Iraq – June 20th, 2017