The Iraqi Communist Party celebrated the 54th anniversary of the July 14, 1958 declaration of the republic with a march in Baghdad. Although the march also called for improved services, the demonstrators were not met with any violence. However, attacks continued elsewhere, leaving 14 dead and 11 more wounded.
Gunmen killed five security personnel and wounded two more in an attack on a checkpoint in the Turkmen town of Rashidiya. Soldiers and police were among the victims.
Four people were killed, including two civilians, when gunmen attacked a checkpoint in Hammam al-Alil.
A bomb at a congregation hall construction site in Jbela left two dead and five wounded.
As sticky bomb on a car in Riyadh killed one oil protection police officer when it exploded.
A government official was killed during a home invasion in Duquq.
A soldier wounded a civilian in a personal dispute in Zubayr.
In Mussayab, a sticky bomb wounded a lieutenant.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Victory Parade in Green Zone; Seven Injured Across Iraq – December 10th, 2017
- Scattered Attacks Leave 51 Killed Across Iraq – December 9th, 2017
- Christians Again Displaced; 13 Killed in Iraq – December 8th, 2017
- Clashes Reported in Kirkuk; 31 Killed Across Iraq – December 7th, 2017
- Kurdish Refugee Camp Bombed; 18 Killed in Iraq – December 6th, 2017